Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 8, 2003, 06:37 PM   #1
hi_jerky
macrumors newbie

iBook CR -Rom drive

i received a white iBook G3 500. the problem is the cd-rom drive is broken. it won't close. it will read a cd if i hold it closed but something with the latch mechanism isn't right. the person who i got it from said he ejected the cd and then it just wouldn't close. has anybody had a problem like this, any suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated it.

also, two of the keys are popped off of the keyboard. what is the easiest (if there is) a way to reattach them?

sending the ibook in for repair or ordering hardware isn't really an option in eaither case.

thanks in advance for anybody who replies.

-nick
hi_jerky is offline   0
Old Mar 8, 2003, 07:05 PM   #2
ibookin'
macrumors 65816

Re: iBook CR -Rom drive

Quote:
Originally posted by hi_jerky
i received a white iBook G3 500. the problem is the cd-rom drive is broken. it won't close. it will read a cd if i hold it closed but something with the latch mechanism isn't right. the person who i got it from said he ejected the cd and then it just wouldn't close. has anybody had a problem like this, any suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated it.

also, two of the keys are popped off of the keyboard. what is the easiest (if there is) a way to reattach them?

sending the ibook in for repair or ordering hardware isn't really an option in eaither case.

thanks in advance for anybody who replies.

-nick
I had the CD-ROM problem with my iBook after I dropped it. Unfortunately, the only way to fix it aside from opening the thing up and looking to see exactly what's wrong (thereby voiding the warranty) is to send it to Apple and have them fix it for you at a cost of $700...

As for the keys, you can finagle them back onto the keyboard, although I'm not sure how to describe how to do it...
ibookin' is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers