Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atad6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
i was wondering, how hot is the little magsafe connector on the mac book pro supposed to be. i've heard about issues of them burning so i wanted to make sure of the heat issue. when i touch the sides of it it's pretty hot, hotter than the rest of my machine. is this normal?

taybone

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Sacramento, CA
atad6 said:
i was wondering, how hot is the little magsafe connector on the mac book pro supposed to be. i've heard about issues of them burning so i wanted to make sure of the heat issue. when i touch the sides of it it's pretty hot, hotter than the rest of my machine. is this normal?

I have a MBP and when I touch the sides of the white connector, it is not NEARLY as hot as the silver aluminum of the notebook. Even if I disconnect it and touch the metal of the connector, it doesnt feel extremely warm...perhaps yours is having a problem. I would take it in to the nearest Apple store. After all, its better to fix a possible issue such as this before you find your connector melted :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.