Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
I just got a new 10GB ipod and i was wondering if i could attach the pro speakers to it with some kind of cable adapter? Thanks alot for the help...!!!

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
to the best of my knowledge...

no.

But I could be wrong. I know that the Pro Speakers use the Digital Audio output on the iMacs and the PowerMacs, but how it differs, on a technical level, I get lost.

I could be totally wrong though....

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't think the Pro speakers use Digital Audio, but I do know that they use a non-standard jack. You might be able to go to radio shack and see if they have an adapter that would convert the Apple jack into a standard mini jack.

Lethal

skymaXimus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
I don't think the Pro speakers use Digital Audio, but I do know that they use a non-standard jack. You might be able to go to radio shack and see if they have an adapter that would convert the Apple jack into a standard mini jack.
w/ or w/o the iSub?
My 10gb iPod has the non-standard jack for use w/ a remote. If you're not using the remote i wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Those speakers don't take up too much power, but the volume would probably be pretty soft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.