Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I have the 5th generation iPod 60GB. I noticed this happening recently, if I transfer audio or video podcasts to my iPod iTunes will transfer them but, they are no where to be found on the iPod. They aren't under podcasts, and if I search under artist or albums I get a blank folder of the podcast's artist or album name. I really don't want to restore my iPod (which will erase everything) but, if I must, I guess I should.

I've tried adding new Podcasts and syncing old ones (I have the TWIT podcast on auto sync, it says it transfers them but, I can't find them on the iPod)

This is just acting weird, my brother's iPod doesn't have this problem. I have the latest iPod software update and the latest version of iTunes and Mac OS X. Any help on this would be great because I'm stumped...:confused:

Thanks! :D

happy.buddha

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2005
New Hampshire
This may or may not help but i recently had the same problem and while it was a fluke i think it was related to adding the little ladies iPod to my Mac, but somehow it got switched from automatically update podcasts to manually manage podcast, same things happened with my videos, I rechecked the boxes that allowed them to auto update and haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
happy.buddha said:
This may or may not help but i recently had the same problem and while it was a fluke i think it was related to adding the little ladies iPod to my Mac, but somehow it got switched from automatically update podcasts to manually manage podcast, same things happened with my videos, I rechecked the boxes that allowed them to auto update and haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.
Awesome! That worked perfectly - Thanks a bunch! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.