Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
I searched the forums for the answer but everytime, i get like 400,000 threads that have the words "ipod video" and "worth" in it. i don't have that kinda time. anyway, my sister wants to sell her used white ipod video and i was just wondering what it's worth. (it's white, 30 gigs., normal wear to it. works great.) oh, also, how would i reformat it to wipe all the data off?

skaler

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2006
Re: 30gig Video ipod

Anywhere from $135 to $200. If you have everything it came with, a little higher. Watch ebay, and see what they go for. I bought a moderately scratched one in a Pawn Shop for $125 plus tax, and an absolutely mint like new one for $200 from a guy on craigslist.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
skaler said:
Anywhere from $135 to $200. If you have everything it came with, a little higher. Watch ebay, and see what they go for. I bought a moderately scratched one in a Pawn Shop for $125 plus tax, and an absolutely mint like new one for $200 from a guy on craigslist.

cool... the warranty is still good so i think i'll report the screen cover as too scratched to see anything good and get it replaced. then i'll put it on ebay.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
sam10685 said:
cool... the warranty is still good so i think i'll report the screen cover as too scratched to see anything good and get it replaced. then i'll put it on ebay.

Yes, that seems moral. Since you just said it has 'normal wear' to it, and 'works great.'

CuteGothTech

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2006
Apple warranty does not replace case parts. It replaces manufacturing defects, hard drive failures, and any other type of mechanical failures. Apple warranties never replace case parts. Sorry, it falls under "user damage".

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
decksnap said:
Yes, that seems moral. Since you just said it has 'normal wear' to it, and 'works great.'

CuteGothTech said:
Apple warranty does not replace case parts. It replaces manufacturing defects, hard drive failures, and any other type of mechanical failures. Apple warranties never replace case parts. Sorry, it falls under "user damage".

your right. i don't know what i must've been thinking. i can't do that. it would mess up the whole system.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
How much do you think a pristine iPod is worth, kept in the original case, used rarely and even witht the original plastic covering the screen? If a new iPod is announced at WWDC, then ebay here we come witht my old iPod!

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.