Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Man! Everytime I refresh my java applets with my new macbook, I have to restart whatever it is I'm using at the time, be it FF or Safari or even Applet Launcher, to just get my changes to appear.

I tried testing this by changing the text of a button to include one more character. That extra character didn't appear until I quit the program...

I've never had this trouble before?
Any idea why?

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I remember having this problem in various forms with various browsers ever since I started developing small java applets back in 1996. (Edit: Am I really that old? :()

Solutions were different, but some required a force reload by holding shift while clicking reload, and sometimes a reload could be forced by clicking in the address bar and hit enter. I haven't done java applets in a while, so things may be different, though.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
add meta tags to your HTML page to prevent caching.

Also,

Go to Applications > Utilities > Java > Java 1.4.2 Plugin Settings

Here you can enable the console under the General Tab (although this is inconsistent for me) - you can also clear cache from the Cache tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.