Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
Okay, every kind of flash, quicktime, etc in the browser is ''blocked'', and where the stuff is suppose to be it says 'NetBlockade'. This is VERY annoying because I can't even see stuff on A LOT of sites. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks in advance

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
This is my connection and my computer...and it happened after running Cocktail, which may be a coincidence. I'm not sure.

thanks for the quick reply.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
Nope, but I googled 'NetBlockade' and came up with that, and there were directions on how to get rid of the internet cleanup, and even though i didn't download it, i had some of the same thing to delete. So i followed those directions but this is still there. This is annoying though -_-

thanks in advance___x2

kukal

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
netblockade

Hello markkk!

I had the same issue, I realized that I had install an application called internet clean up, that had the possibility to block some content of my browser for security reasons, I'd suggest to look for something like that and turn it off, my one was on the top bar on the finder.

If you cannot find it go to applications and look for it or some app that could be similar blocking your pop ups.

I hope this helps man , I agree it's annoying

superkiwigirl

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
"NetBlockade"

I am now experiencing similar problems with "NetBlockade", but curiously only from this morning when I went online and started up Safari. Several months ago I downloaded a demo version of Internet Cleanup from SmithMicro, but in the event I decided against purchasing the full app. Since then, every single time that I log in, I've had to put up with a message along the lines of "Demo version of IC has expired -purchase full version of Network SpyAlert Protection ..." it is driving me MAD! and I've done everything I can think of to get rid this problem, eg I've trashed all remnants of the demo app in my Apps Folder; I've downloaded, and tried to sort out this problem with AppZapper (which apparently can't find anything left to "zap"); I've seen nothing to get rid of in "LogIn/ Startup Items" etc, etc; and I've redownloaded the demo version of IC with a view to "zap" it out of existence with "AppZapper" - result ultimately that I couldn't empty the Trash because Internet Cleanup "was still open"!!!!!
And I've also e-mailed Allume Systems/Smith Micro to advise them of the problem, and asked for guidance - NO REPLY after 3 weeks. Now today, out of the blue I find that sites I try to visit via Google are suddenly unavailable because of "NetBlockade" (as far as I am aware, this never happened before this morning, but happened all the time today): please, if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do, can they let me know: eg, do I now have to buy a new Mac (or possibly upgrade to Leopard?) to get rid of this awful "infection" caused by SmithMicro (for what else could you call it?)

Canada Dave

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2006
Problem with NetBlockade solved !!

I believe I've solved the netblockade problem ...thanks to the forum members ;))

Run Internet cleanup prg..Then click on View drop down menu... click on NETBLOCKADE ... Unclick on checkmark BLOCK FLASH CONTENT at mid bottom of dialog box

Click on APPLY... that's it ;))

It worked for me :))

Thanks to the members in the forum that allowed me to find the prg that was responsible for the problem

Happy Mac guy :))

BarbyM

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
NetBlockade

THANK THANK YOU to whomever (Canada Dave) gave the instructions for deleting that oh so annoying NetBlockade problem I recently had. I was so frustrated....
Again my grateful thanks.
Barbhttp://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

neomayer

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
It Came Back!!!

ok, about 1 year ago, i completed the above procedures and was so glad that internet cleanup was gone!!! (Kudos to canada dave ;D)

HOWEVER!!!

about 1 week ago, i opened up youtube to see an ad video BLOCKED with net blockade. At first i thought this was some sort of a joke...but after another 2 days, all of youtube and any streaming video for that matter was blocked!

how did it make that sort of a comeback with no files on my computer? Was it the popup that triggered something?

Help please!

glennlang

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
Bradford, W.Yorks
Getting rid of 'Net Blockade'

For those of you getting that annoying "Net Blockade' in your browser. It is very simple to remove it. I had the same problem. All you do is open the 'System' folder then 'Library', then Extensions. Scroll down the extentensions to the 'N's' and you'll see 'Net Blockade' listed. Highlight it, click and hold and drag it to the Trash. You'll be asked for your administrator password. Enter that and watch the bugger go to the trash. All you then have to do is empty the Trash and then 'Restart' Problem solved!!!!:)

donlfrank

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
Beware of Internet Cleanup!

Internet Cleanup from Smith Micro is not only buggy, but dangerous. In addition to the "Net Blockade" problems mentioned above (part of the IC suite, apparently), it made it impossible to send attachments over Gmail. Also my Time Machine program broke down, and the 1 Terrabyte drive I used was effectively toasted, on the same day as installation. I can't say for certain there is a relationship, but it certainly is an odd coincidence, particularly when IC apparently works to block communication between a computer and an outside source, such as a hard disk. Worst of all, you can't uninstall by simply trashing the odious program, you have to download an uninstaller. On my computer, at least, despite multiple attempts, either the uninstaller didn't work or the downloaded program was invisible. I have had problems with Smith Micro before. Unfortunately, I was too dumb to stop doing business with them until too late...

BHASSR

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2009
Internet clean up.

For those of you getting that annoying "Net Blockade' in your browser. It is very simple to remove it. I had the same problem. All you do is open the 'System' folder then 'Library', then Extensions. Scroll down the extentensions to the 'N's' and you'll see 'Net Blockade' listed. Highlight it, click and hold and drag it to the Trash. You'll be asked for your administrator password. Enter that and watch the bugger go to the trash. All you then have to do is empty the Trash and then 'Restart' Problem solved!!!!:)

I had to restart in order to empty the trash ,thanks a lot.

chefjeff

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2009
netblockade

Hey- out of all the info on the netblockade issue, yours was the only one that made any sense, and it worked! thx-Jeff

I believe I've solved the netblockade problem ...thanks to the forum members ;))

Run Internet cleanup prg..Then click on View drop down menu... click on NETBLOCKADE ... Unclick on checkmark BLOCK FLASH CONTENT at mid bottom of dialog box

Click on APPLY... that's it ;))

It worked for me :))

Thanks to the members in the forum that allowed me to find the prg that was responsible for the problem

Happy Mac guy :))

kunda

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009

Thanks so much for this - it has driven me crazy for days. Second bonus is finding this MAC forum

Cheers

talla spaul

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
problem with Smith micro internet cleane

I bought an internet cleaner from smith micro . I tried to install in my power book G4. it had problems. I found that internet cleaner is not compatible with my G4 and panther. but even after I removed the installed CD, it gave me lots of problems. All my USB connections could not be recognized by my computer. some of my applications did not work. and I cannot see any videos, and gives me net blockade sign on my screen How can I get rid of every thing that smith micro cleaner brought in my computer. Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.