Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowspirit6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
ok, i got a pop-up and its not so family-type of a pop-up...and right now i typed in macrumors on hte adress bar and something like E-clo or sometihng like that said its not a configured adress. but well back to the virus stuff...

Is there a free Mac Virus-Scan like how i would see them on pc's and stuff..plz respond as soon a possible.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The green/blue page you saw at macrumors.com is a problem with the site, it's not on your end.

If you are having problems with ads and Safari isn't keeping up, try an alternative browser. Camino has a decent blocker built in, so do Firefox and Opera.

If you still want a scanner, clamXAV is as good as any, and free.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
There is really no need for a scanner. There are currently no viruses for Macs. As opposed to the tens of thousands for PCs.

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
CoMpX said:
There is really no need for a scanner. There are currently no viruses for Macs. As opposed to the tens of thousands for PCs.

I still run ClamXAV to scan downloaded files and incoming mail. At least that way I'll be able to snag any Windows viruses and not propagate them in my blissful ignorance -- and that way I'm also in the habit of AV if or when the first Mac virus does appear.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
eji said:
I still run ClamXAV to scan downloaded files and incoming mail. At least that way I'll be able to snag any Windows viruses and not propagate them in my blissful ignorance -- and that way I'm also in the habit of AV if or when the first Mac virus does appear.

That's a good point. I forgot that Mac users were still able to spread viruses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.