Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:56 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

August 2, 2005: Mighty Mouse Released

Category: History
Link: August 2, 2005: Mighty Mouse Released
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:16 AM   #2
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

Not enough buttons for me still. I got used to my MX900 that had enough buttons in logical locations to control all my Exposť fuctions.

Alas, the MX900, and my current Microsoft bluetooth mouse, lack a friggin "OFF" button, which annoys me to no end.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Fiveos22
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Fiveos22 Send a message via Yahoo to Fiveos22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstreetmark
Not enough buttons for me still. I got used to my MX900 that had enough buttons in logical locations to control all my Exposť fuctions.

Alas, the MX900, and my current Microsoft bluetooth mouse, lack a friggin "OFF" button, which annoys me to no end.
Same here, but I have just quit my MX900 cold-turkey for the MacBook trackpad. It has been a slow adjustment thus far.
Fiveos22 is offline   0
Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:10 PM   #4
CANEHDN
macrumors 6502a

Let's just be completely honest here. That Mighty Mouse is one of the biggest pieces of crap out there. It looks cool but doesn't act as a piece of hardware we can use on a daily basis. I think it's just awkward to use. I'll stick with logitech. I think their keyboards could use a little work as well.
CANEHDN is offline   0
Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:46 PM   #5
ITASOR
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ITASOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANEHDN
Let's just be completely honest here. That Mighty Mouse is one of the biggest pieces of crap out there. It looks cool but doesn't act as a piece of hardware we can use on a daily basis. I think it's just awkward to use. I'll stick with logitech. I think their keyboards could use a little work as well.
I've been using mine as my only mouse every single time I use my iBook for about 6 months straight and have not had one problem with it other than the occasional need to clean the scroll ball, as per the Apple.com instructions say.

I think the opinions are split, making the Mighty Mouse much more than a "piece of crap". If it's truly a POS, why are so many people using, and loving it? And don't say "because it has an Apple logo on it", it's more expensive than half the other wireless/wired mice, and some of them look even cooler.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:28 PM   #6
CANEHDN
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITASOR
I've been using mine as my only mouse every single time I use my iBook for about 6 months straight and have not had one problem with it other than the occasional need to clean the scroll ball, as per the Apple.com instructions say.

I think the opinions are split, making the Mighty Mouse much more than a "piece of crap". If it's truly a POS, why are so many people using, and loving it? And don't say "because it has an Apple logo on it", it's more expensive than half the other wireless/wired mice, and some of them look even cooler.

I think there are three main reasons why people use it. They are Die Hard mac fans and love everything Apple puts out even if it is crap, they don't want to spend the money to buy a new mouse, they aren't aware that there are better products out there. I'm not trying to bash on Apple. I love Apple as much as the next guy. But it's obvious that there are somethings that Apple could improve. They don't have to make everything "new and improved" sometimes other companies have it right (Like Microsoft and Logitech, in this case). That mouse is just not as practical as it could be.
CANEHDN is offline   0
Old Aug 2, 2006, 05:07 PM   #7
BlizzardBomb
macrumors 68030

Lifting your finger for a right-click isn't practical. I was watching people in a store saying "It's a shame Apple still only make one-button mice" then I had to tell them you have to lift your left finger to right click. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work, especially in games.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:22 PM   #8
whenpaulsparks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlizzardBomb
Lifting your finger for a right-click isn't practical. I was watching people in a store saying "It's a shame Apple still only make one-button mice" then I had to tell them you have to lift your left finger to right click. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work, especially in games.
then buy a friggin' logitech.

sorry, i'm bitter. nobody can please everyone, but apple does a darn good job pleasing a large amount of people.

and this Chris Siebold character REALLY needs to proofread his entries, if they're going to make it as macbytes posts. Might Mouse? come on. the article is about the Mighty Mouse.
whenpaulsparks is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion