Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Where can I get a pink iBook or MacBook ONLINE?

THIS IS REALLY URGENT! My sisters birthday is in 3 days and I need to get her a PINK mac laptop.

I need one that looks like this:

pink_ibook.jpg

Please reply FAST! This is URGENT!

Thanks.

P.S. I need a direct link to where I can BUY the PINK laptop.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
iBoy111 said:

THIS IS REALLY URGENT! My sisters birthday is in 3 days and I need to get her a PINK mac laptop.

I need one that looks like this:

pink_ibook.jpg

Please reply FAST! This is URGENT!

Thanks.

P.S. I need a direct link to where I can BUY the PINK laptop.
\

www.ebay.com

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
That's a Mac that has been painted. There are a few sites that offer this service. Best bet is do some googling... but in three days? Fairly unlikely.

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
well, I don't wanna use ebay because most stuff will be second hand, but I'll check for first hand stuff. I don't need to give it to her on her birthday, but some time close to it.

I live in Rome and here I cannot find ONE pink laptop, so I'll have to buy it off the internet.

Thanks

I need more suggestions!!!

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I found one that ships in 2 -3 weeks... in that colorware or whatever it's called site.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
There's some guy on eBay who paints iBooks. He's in LA. Google around. He does a good job.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
iBoy111 said:
Can I get a link to the DIRECT pink one? I went there before but couldn't find it...

Did you look? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Just click on "Buy New" at the bottom of the page and you're cooking on gas!
It'l take 3 weeks, but maybe the thought of her getting one will tide her over until then? Good luck!

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
iBoy111 said:

You love your sister more than I love mine. I think I got my sister some nice candles.....I guess that's not good enough anymore. ;)

You waited too late. You won't be able to get anything delivered for atleast 3 weeks. Sorry.

And colorware is your best bet.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
iBoy111 said:
Can I get a link to the DIRECT pink one? I went there before but couldn't find it...:confused:
The site is flash based, so I'm not sure about a direct link, but just go to Colorware, click "Buy New" down at the bottom, select "MacBook" from the list that appears, pick the model you like, and then pick the color--"Cotton Candy" looks like the most pink they offer.

Alternately, if you're not averse to DIY, you can look up instructions on how to do this yourself. Basically get a white one, take it apart, strip the white paint off the *inside* of the case (that's why they have that transparent finish), at which point you should have a completley clear one, then paint the inside pink and reassemble.

I'm not 100% sure that Apple didn't start making the plastic solid white at some point, necessitating painting the outside (which is much harder; no dismantling, but much less forgiving with the finish, and it can chip), but this will definitely work with some iBook models (look it up!). And frankly, were I doing it myself, I'd probably want to go with a less expensive used iBook, in case I totally broke it, so I wouldn't have ruined a perfectly good MacBook and voided the warranty to boot.

You might even be able to find one and get it painted in 3 days, if you shop quick and work hard.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
The best thing that you can do is to buy an old ibook g3 and use rubbing alcohol to get off the white paint on the inside of the casing and paint it yourself. 3 days is not possible for an internet one.

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
®îçhå®? said:
The best thing that you can do is to buy an old ibook g3 and use rubbing alcohol to get off the white paint on the inside of the casing and paint it yourself. 3 days is not possible for an internet one.

Ok, great idea.

I found it on colorware.

Thanks

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Wow a pink laptop? Sweet haha. Didn't think apple actually made pink then realised its probably been painted :D

jdiddy

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
tiinee said:
M LOOKING FOR THE LAPTOP IN LEGALLY BLONDE ... THE PINK ONE.. I KNOW ITS MAC I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO BUY IT.. IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME THATD BE REALLY GREAT.. PLS EMAIL ME @ PINKFALLENBIATCH@GMAIL.COM THANKS SO MUCH.. M LOOKING TO BUY A LAPTOP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.. :)

The laptop in the movie is actually a Gateway 450XL and it was only produced for that movie and never sold sorry! Your better off getting one painted from Colorware.

tiinee

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2006
Richmond, BC Canada
jdiddy said:
The laptop in the movie is actually a Gateway 450XL and it was only produced for that movie and never sold sorry! Your better off getting one painted from Colorware.

WOAH THAT WAS FAST.. HEY THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION ;) YEA I ACTUALLY CHECKED COLORWARE.. M GONNA GET ONE OF THOSE COTTON CANDY ONES ;) THANKS FOR THE FAST RESPONSE ;)

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
buffalo said:
Here

choose specs and then color

WTF??!?!???!!!!

Whenever I saw a coloured iBook/MB/MBP, I thought that it was fake, or photoshopped or that it was just some crazy person who painted it himself! I can't beleive there is actually a market for painted Apples's:eek: :D :D

kaeluhe

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2007
Hi everyone.

I'm looking to purchase a pink iMac/iBook, and I love the color of the picture on this page.

Does anyone know which pink shade this is from Colorware (if it is from Colorware)? If it is from Colorware, is the pink Blush, Cotton Candy, or Fusion?

I'm trying to figure out if their color swatches are accurate to life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.