Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
An article from the Independent about Apple's fall in a YouGov poll about brands popularity.

Computers were just dull, grey boxes until Apple came along. The 'rebel' brand's beautifully designed, brilliantly marketed products became the epitome of plugged-in, wired-up, 21st-century chic. But as the company has prospered, so its devotees have become uneasy. Faulty products, poor service - and worse - the list of grievances is getting longer. Is Steve Jobs' empire losing its cool?

Apple Mac: Is the rebel brand faltering?

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
are they talking about mid 90's bad?

i don't understand what they're comparing this downfall too. the awesome thing about apple (aside from products and apple user community) is that they have re-invented themselves for each era of the pc and therefore kept their products fresh.

yeah, there's a price to pay for this. we are in fact beta testers, look at intel books for this. in doing so they push for early acceptance and push the software developers, is this a bad thing?

i for one am waiting for rev 3 of mbp's and i'm sure it'll be a great machine just like my rev c powerbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.