"Antennaless" Bluetooth PCMCIA? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:35 PM   #1
withnail
macrumors member

"Antennaless" Bluetooth PCMCIA?

Anybody know of a PCMCIA Bluetooth card that doesn't have an antenna protruding from the side of the laptop when you plug it in? I have a TiBook and don't like the USB "Dongle" Bluetooth solution because then I can't close the panel on the back while it's plugged in. I would like to use a PCMCIA card, but I'm looking for one that doesn't stick out from the side of the laptop.

It would be nice if Apple made an Airport card with Bluetooth that took advantage of the built-in antenna...
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:08 PM   #2
jaykk
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jaykk Send a message via MSN to jaykk Send a message via Yahoo to jaykk
I am looking for the same

Yes, I heard that none of the PCMCIA bluetooth card works with Mac yet.. tried Thoshiba onez(it have an external antenna), and it didnt even recoganize the card. I wont mind a small portion sticking out, but i am looking for a PCMCIA solution. anyone?
jaykk is offline   0
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:18 PM   #3
beatle888
Banned

im waiting for an airport type card to come out with blue tooth built in....i hope it happens.
beatle888 is offline   0
Old Apr 27, 2003, 04:38 AM   #4
sandro
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to sandro
Re: I am looking for the same

Quote:
Originally posted by jaykk
Yes, I heard that none of the PCMCIA bluetooth card works with Mac yet.. tried Thoshiba onez(it have an external antenna), and it didnt even recoganize the card. I wont mind a small portion sticking out, but i am looking for a PCMCIA solution. anyone?
Well, I went to a local CompUSA and in the "Mac" section I saw a Belkin PCMCIA card, Part # F8T002, the box has nothing on Mac support, but there was a Mac guy/sales person and I asked him, if that card was placed in that section by mistake or does it really work on the mac!, he said that it DOES work, he has seen it work on Macs and that Jaguar would recognize it fine, that same night I wrote an email to belkin and asked them about Mac Support, and they replied and said that it would not work with the mac due to the lack of drivers, so I'm not sure who to believe, I guess the only solution is for one of us to try it!
sandro is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers