Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

withnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Anybody know of a PCMCIA Bluetooth card that doesn't have an antenna protruding from the side of the laptop when you plug it in? I have a TiBook and don't like the USB "Dongle" Bluetooth solution because then I can't close the panel on the back while it's plugged in. I would like to use a PCMCIA card, but I'm looking for one that doesn't stick out from the side of the laptop.

It would be nice if Apple made an Airport card with Bluetooth that took advantage of the built-in antenna...

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
I am looking for the same

Yes, I heard that none of the PCMCIA bluetooth card works with Mac yet.. tried Thoshiba onez(it have an external antenna), and it didnt even recoganize the card. I wont mind a small portion sticking out, but i am looking for a PCMCIA solution. anyone?

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
im waiting for an airport type card to come out with blue tooth built in....i hope it happens.

sandro

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
Re: I am looking for the same

Originally posted by jaykk
Yes, I heard that none of the PCMCIA bluetooth card works with Mac yet.. tried Thoshiba onez(it have an external antenna), and it didnt even recoganize the card. I wont mind a small portion sticking out, but i am looking for a PCMCIA solution. anyone?

Well, I went to a local CompUSA and in the "Mac" section I saw a Belkin PCMCIA card, Part # F8T002, the box has nothing on Mac support, but there was a Mac guy/sales person and I asked him, if that card was placed in that section by mistake or does it really work on the mac!, he said that it DOES work, he has seen it work on Macs and that Jaguar would recognize it fine, that same night I wrote an email to belkin and asked them about Mac Support, and they replied and said that it would not work with the mac due to the lack of drivers, so I'm not sure who to believe, I guess the only solution is for one of us to try it! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.