Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
I am looking to sell my [computer] and I was wondering if anyone knows where I would probably get the most money. I love the computer and there is nothing wrong with but I need the cash to help with tuition payments. Here are the specs:

[deleted; circumvention of marketplace rules]

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am hoping to get around $700 a little less than half of what I paid for last year.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
I got $800 for the previous revision of that laptop about a week ago except miine had a superdrive. I had listed it on craigslist for $850 with the hope that someone would bite on my devaluating price. I got only one reply and he asked for $700 and I said I can't go under $800 and he took it. Apart from him I got the usual scammers wanting me to send my laptop to Indonesia or something. I got very lucky to get the price I got in my opinion. Good luck selling. I think you could definitely sell it for 700 or more!

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
id go to e-bay as a last resort. I sold my [system] about 7 months ago on e-bay. [Systems] with similar specs to mine were going for $700 to $800 at the time on e-bay so i figured I would get about that much for mine. But for some reason (i dont know why) I didnt get that many bidders and it ended up going for like $600. which was a great deal at the time, but bad for me b/c i wanted more money! I got better offers by posting in these forums, except the better offer came AFTER I had put it on e-bay and I couldnt pull i off e-bay. The only thing about posting in the market place here is that you often dont get as quick of a sell as you would on e-bay. But be careful with e-bay if you decide to go there.

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Also for sale ...

Not to hijack the post, but I'm also trying to sell [another computer].

Tried Craigs in NYc; no luck in a overcrowded market of "wholesalers" and scammers offering their MBP's at too-good-to-be true prices.

We're selling ours for [some price], as good a deal for a [it] as you can find. PM me if you're in the NYC area looking to buy. Trying to cut losses, unload and reinvest in a forthcoming Mac Pro!

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
DONT sell on ebay....

for high price items like computers, the fees and what not will get you. If you use ebay and paypal to collect fees, and say you sold your computer for 800, the least you would have to pay them is like 60 bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.