Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:35 PM   #1
waynesun
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to waynesun
A New Design - Help Me Out Here

I'm currently doing a redesign for my friend who runs his company, SolidShells. You guys with those ACDs, please tell me if the colors look off. I designed two, one with a navigation bar, and one with the logo inside the body. The intrusive text in the body is the branding of my name, which will not be included in the design. Which one appeals to you most?

Thanks.
waynesun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Mav451
macrumors 68000

I like the second design, if only b/c I don't like having that empty white space next to "welcome - slogan goes here."

Sorry, don't have an ACD, but on my 24" Dell 2405, the colors look fine. PC presets are usually a touch more blue than Mac presets, however.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:02 PM   #3
beatsme
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav451
I like the second design, if only b/c I don't like having that empty white space next to "welcome - slogan goes here."

Sorry, don't have an ACD, but on my 24" Dell 2405, the colors look fine. PC presets are usually a touch more blue than Mac presets, however.
I think they're both very solid, though I think I'm in agreement about the 2nd one...I like it just a tad better
beatsme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:06 PM   #4
Spaceman Spiff
macrumors regular

I actually prefer the first... But both are fine, and so far the second has been preferred. Great work on the design.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Cocobolo
macrumors member

Definitely the first one...

Good designs, but the first one is better because the white space is needed- it looks too congested otherwise. It makes the blue bar stand out more. The second one gives me the subtle impression that it's saying "solid shells. packages" as one title (probably not your intention). By having the logo in the menu bar it's given more significance- I recognize it more as the title of the website.

Again, really pleasing design. I also like the text in the background of the blue bar. It's not intrusive at all, but rather gives the bar depth.

Oh yeah, and it looks good on my monitors.
Cocobolo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:35 PM   #6
virus1
macrumors 65816

id go for the first. the space up in the nav bar looks much worse than the space next to the slogan.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics