Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynesun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I'm currently doing a redesign for my friend who runs his company, SolidShells. You guys with those ACDs, please tell me if the colors look off. I designed two, one with a navigation bar, and one with the logo inside the body. The intrusive text in the body is the branding of my name, which will not be included in the design. Which one appeals to you most?

solidshells1bu0.jpg

solidshells2kt7.jpg

Thanks.:cool:

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
I like the second design, if only b/c I don't like having that empty white space next to "welcome - slogan goes here."

Sorry, don't have an ACD, but on my 24" Dell 2405, the colors look fine. PC presets are usually a touch more blue than Mac presets, however.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Mav451 said:
I like the second design, if only b/c I don't like having that empty white space next to "welcome - slogan goes here."

Sorry, don't have an ACD, but on my 24" Dell 2405, the colors look fine. PC presets are usually a touch more blue than Mac presets, however.

I think they're both very solid, though I think I'm in agreement about the 2nd one...I like it just a tad better

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
I actually prefer the first... But both are fine, and so far the second has been preferred. Great work on the design.

Cocobolo

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Definitely the first one...

Good designs, but the first one is better because the white space is needed- it looks too congested otherwise. It makes the blue bar stand out more. The second one gives me the subtle impression that it's saying "solid shells. packages" as one title (probably not your intention). By having the logo in the menu bar it's given more significance- I recognize it more as the title of the website.

Again, really pleasing design. I also like the text in the background of the blue bar. It's not intrusive at all, but rather gives the bar depth.

Oh yeah, and it looks good on my monitors.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
id go for the first. the space up in the nav bar looks much worse than the space next to the slogan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.