Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

$200 off a new Mac Pro

Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: $200 off a new Mac Pro
Description:: Looking to buy a new Mac Pro? Why not save yourself $200 and put it toward some more RAM? Right now, MacMall is offering rebates of $100, $150, and $200 on the 2.0GHz, 2.6GHz, and 3.0GHz Mac Pros. They will also throw in a free (after rebate) Samsung laser printer.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:21 PM   #2
lyzardking
macrumors member

Be prepared

To fight for your rebates from MacMall. It took me 3 months and multiple phone calls to a "sales supervisor" to get my rebates after purchasing a G5 with "a free nano & printer" (after rebates). They might be better now, but I'm definitely not the only one who has had problems with them and rebates.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:09 PM   #3
BOOMBA
macrumors regular

Can't be as bad as a Tiger Direct rebate.

It's easier to get a free iPod or PSPS from those online survey places.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Foxglove9
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Foxglove9 Send a message via Yahoo to Foxglove9
I had problems getting a rebate from them from a CRT Monitor. This was about 5 years ago though so my guess is they have improved things.

I've had a rebate off a product last year through Tiger Direct and didn't have any problems.
Foxglove9 is offline   0
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:34 PM   #5
freiheit
macrumors 6502a

Rebates in general are a pain

Rebates in general are a pain. I'm working on 5 months now waiting for a rebate on a Belkin UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). A couple of years ago I had to call another company three times over two months just to get to someone who could tell me my rebate status. "Instant rebates" may be a marketing ploy to sound more important than just putting things "on sale" but I'll take that over a mail-in rebate any day of the week now.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:35 PM   #6
mlrproducts
macrumors 6502

IMHO the only Mac-related rebates that are worth it are through Amazon. They take a good month or so to come, but you don't mail anything in and its setup in like 5 mins.
mlrproducts is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion