Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Hi

Where abouts do you store your collection of macs? Mine used to be under my bed (double) but now I think I am going to put them in the loft!

Ensign

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Also, what do you do when you get a new mac? I personally just chuck it in with my collection after putting it in my database.

I have now decided to rebuild and refurbish all the machines to their original condition!

Ensign

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I do not know why people in the US keep everything is storage. If I get a new computer I sell the old one but I can not imagine my room with 5 computers now or 15 syntetizers, I hardly have room for what I got know.

I know the people in the US have more money or less nedd to sell things. May be because the 2nd hand things lost the value so quickly while here can cost may be more (just because we have pruved is good quality).

Wird no?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by blakespot
Here is a link to a quick test-movie of my cluttered computer room where the collection lives. Untidy presently...

blakespot

I love it. :D If only I had enough room to do something like that. I've got a dozen (at least) macs out in storage. Since I only have one room at this point, I couldn't do that. I'd go nuts. But someday when I have my own place, I'll reserve a room just for computers and music stuff.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Blakespot - he he! Sensational! :D

Mine are in the corner of my room, and under my bed.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I have two on my desk. One that I am on, and one that I found on the street if ya'll remember...it doesnt work yet. HOWEVER, I did start it up with an external drive. So when I actually go out and buy a small SCSI drive and put it in it'll be back in business.

I also have another (6230) that's at my grandparents house (I gave it to them when I got a new one but then they bought a Cube and are holding it for me). I may acquire an SE and a 2GS, dont know where to put those. ALso, I'm getting a new tower this summer. I will probably only keep the new Tower with me at school next year after I transfer the files. We'll see.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by teabgs
I may acquire an SE and a 2GS, dont know where to put those. ALso, I'm getting a new tower this summer. I will probably only keep the new Tower with me at school next year after I transfer the files. We'll see.
The IIgs is a fine machine to have. I get a decent amount of nostalgic use out of the unit. I got my first IIgs back in '87. But then I had a //c in '84. Not sure if I would get _that_ much out of it had I not made so many memories on the Apple II line. Inferior to the C64 and Atari 8-bit's in graphics and sound (the IIe and //c that is)---but definitely had more style than either.

blakespot

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Blakespot, with all those machines, which one do you use most frequently? I've got my old machine in a closet, and when I get a new machine, I really have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I can't see having more than a couple (desktop and laptop) myself. Doing cross platform web design could require a few more machines, but I also need deskspace to work on.

I love the quicktimeVR, and you can't even see if there are any socks under the desk. :D Where in Alexandria do you live, I'm over in the SE 6 blocks from the river, but I used to live on Duke St. (obvious) right at the intersection of Duke and Henry. I don't miss the sirens....

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
I don't buy machines (well, other than handhelds maybe) that I don't intend to setup for use occasionally. Nostlagia trip, etc. So, there's no real "storage" aside from on this desk (tho I had to build a desk to accomodate.

I live on West St. near Queen. I can often be found at VBC, Murphy's or Pat Troy's (once Ireland's Own).

blakespot

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Dear Lord what I wouldn't give to have a desk that big... but as I said before, all's a moot point until I get my own place! :(

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by Hemingray
Dear Lord what I wouldn't give to have a desk that big... but as I said before, all's a moot point until I get my own place! :(
As I recall my wife was not so pleased about my taking a week of evenings to construct that desk. It is nice to have the surface space tho. Too many machines. We are going to, in 4 years or so, expand this house and when we do the machine room will be expanded as well. Should be fine.

blakespot

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
guess the "not quoting an entire post" idea is going out the window?!

Originally posted by blakespot

As I recall my wife was not so pleased about my taking a week of evenings to construct that desk. It is nice to have the surface space tho. Too many machines. We are going to, in 4 years or so, expand this house and when we do the machine room will be expanded as well. Should be fine.

blakespot

damn...I've heard of building additions for home improvement....but not for computer space...he he he...:p

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Re: guess the "not quoting an entire post" idea is going out the window?!

Originally posted by eyelikeart

damn...I've heard of building additions for home improvement....but not for computer space...he he he...:p
Shhhh... My wife might hear you.

blakespot

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
the desk...

that is quite impressive though...

I'm currently using my drawing table from my illustration days as a desk for my TiBook and all it's goodies...no pics of it...quite boring and all...

but if I ever get my Macintosh 128 & a Cube...maybe I'll get into carpentry...he he he :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.