Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poff

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Hello,

firs of all, I tried searching but couldn't find anything of value.

I@m looking for a image editing program to make a couple logos. I've used Seashore for other stuff, and it supports Vector Graphics, but you cannot draw ovale shapes with it, and that's what I need right now.

Any suggestions for other programs?

thanks.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Inkscape uses SVG as its native file format if you want to stick with open source, and Adobe Illustrator supports it well too.

Also see http://wiki.svg.org/Other_Implementations for some possibilities to convert PDF and other formats to SVG, in case you already have a program that can save or print to other vector formats.

Poff

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
iMeowbot said:
Inkscape uses SVG as its native file format if you want to stick with open source, and Adobe illustrator supports it well too.

Thanks a lot. I'd never heard about Inkscape before. Thank you. :)

And I was actually wrong about Seashore aswell. The apache-plugin only made it able to view vectorized graphics, and not save.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Cool, I hope it does what you need.

Another possibility would be xfig. It has an astonishingly bad user interface, but it can do a lot and recent versions do have SVG export.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.