Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyberDoberman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Ok, Guys. Need some help.

I had a MacBook Pro for about a month before I sold it for the Mac Pro.

I LOVED the Glossy Screen...

I want a larger monitor... I currently have a 19" NEC 90GX2... LOVE THE GLOSSY SCREEN, again just think it shows colors Soooooo nicely.

However, I am looking for a glossy screen 20+ " Widescreen Monitor.

Prefer 21-24" widescreen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
I just bought an NEC 20wmgx2 two days ago and while I haven't used it yet (Mac Pro hasn't arrived), it's been reviewed by both sites and users as the absolute best 20" screen.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Mr. Mister said:
I just bought an NEC 20wmgx2 two days ago and while I haven't used it yet (Mac Pro hasn't arrived), it's been reviewed by both sites and users as the absolute best 20" screen.

Eh? Do you have any links to support that?:confused:

JNaut

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
Jiddick ExRex said:
Eh? Do you have any links to support that?:confused:

Yeah... I'm sure it's a good monitor, but there has to be something better (and cheaper) for those of us who don't care about having TV capabilities.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
The response time has been billed as being just as fast in actual tests as the 2ms response times found in 17" Viewsonic gaming LCDs, the viewing angle absolutely perfect, backlighting even (while sometimes it may be spotty for the first week of use before the lights "wear in"), and also features great color accuracy when calibrated and the TV features that you've already heard about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.