Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:57 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple still leads in customer satisfaction, gaining 2.5% ove...

Category: Apple Services
Link: Apple still leads in customer satisfaction, gaining 2.5% over last year
Description:: Apple Computer led the pack among computer individual vendors with a rating of 83, a 2.5 percent improvement over last year's score.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:14 AM   #2
odedia
macrumors 6502a

I must say I'm surprised, after all the problems with the laptop line, with all the moos and the heat etc. I know I for one would have given a much lower score.
odedia is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:32 AM   #3
stoid
macrumors 68040

I wouldn't think that quality issues with the laptops would affect this rating. This doesn't seem to be a rating of Apple's build quality, but rather of their customer service and how the handle fixing their problems.

Waiting for all the posts of, "When I called Apple and their service is CRAP!" in 3...2...

FWIW, I had a whole rigamarole involving the purchase of a refurbished iPod this summer and I wound up having to call Apple many times to have things straightened out and every single time I was helped in a prompt and friendly manner and I would rate Apple's customer service as top-notch.

I know that many people have had rotten experiences though, and I'm not trying to write off your misery... 17% of 20 million customers in a year is still more people than there are in the whole St. Louis area!
stoid is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:42 AM   #4
nagromme
macrumors G5

Apple's hardware reliabiliy also still leads the industry.

Remember, any forum for any product will make you think problems are more widespread than reality. It's human nature to post to complain, not to say "my Mac still works great today." (And in addition, web sites and the media can get nice ad clickthrough by over-hyping Apple stories.)

That doesn't mean Apple doesn't have real problems with both support and hardware failures. They do, and it's very frustrating when it happens to you.

But at worst, that makes Apple the best in a bad industry. Not a reason to buy from an even worse company like Dell.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:42 AM   #5
SPUY767
macrumors 68000

Boy the tagline for this article hit me like a fist to the groin.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:52 AM   #6
OhEsTen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme
Apple's hardware reliabiliy also still leads the industry.

Remember, any forum for any product will make you think problems are more widespread than reality. It's human nature to post to complain, not to say "my Mac still works great today." (And in addition, web sites and the media can get nice ad clickthrough by over-hyping Apple stories.)

That doesn't mean Apple doesn't have real problems with both support and hardware failures. They do, and it's very frustrating when it happens to you.

But at worst, that makes Apple the best in a bad industry. Not a reason to buy from an even worse company like Dell.
Absolutely true. While complaints are understandable they seem to overwhelm the forums. That said, I can say that I still have a 500mhz G3 iMac still running with no hardware problems ever. My father-in-law has a 400mhz G3 iMac DV thats still going strong despite some abuse. A Powermac Dual G4 "windtunnel" that (despite the noise) is still a great machine. And a 500mhz G3 iBook still running. I have always been happy with the reliable durability of Apple machines.
OhEsTen is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:10 AM   #7
bep207
macrumors 6502

this is surprising, considering people who buy apple products generally have higher expectations than the word processing only high school student who uses a dell
bep207 is offline   0
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:10 AM   #8
solvs
macrumors 601

For all those who complain about how bad Macs are lately (and they have slipped up a few times), think about how bad Dells must be to get a lower score. I don't have to imagine, we use them at work. And Dell is one of the better scored PCs, just imagine how bad the rest of them must be.

The only time I've had any issues with my new Mac is when I tried to run Quartz 2D with Beam Sync disabled. Bad idea. Don't do that.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion