Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Unspeaked
macrumors 68020

"First look at Apple's proposed Boston store" (from Globe)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First look at Apple's proposed Boston store

The Boston Redevelopment Authority has released a rendering of the proposed Apple Computer Inc. retail store on Boylston Street.

Last week, the Back Bay Architectural Commission approved Apple's preliminary design for a store near the Prudential Center.

While details are still being tweaked, Apple has generally been proposing to construct a three-story building with a green roof and a front made largely of glass after demolishing the building at 815 Boylston St. The store would be Apple's first in Boston. There are Apple stores at malls in Chestnut Hill and Cambridge and at four other Massachusetts sites.

The store proposal still awaits approvals from other city agencies and from the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino said he's enthusiastic about the planned store. "It's great for the city," he said.

Posted by Boston Globe Business Team at 01:41 PM

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...look_at_a.html
Unspeaked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:03 PM   #2
eva01
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to eva01 Send a message via MSN to eva01 Send a message via Yahoo to eva01
Sexy, hope it gets built. Just means I wont be going to southshore any more and will go there. Also I hope it is a 24 hr store
Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:08 PM   #3
Unspeaked
macrumors 68020

They'd already asked for permission to make it 24/7 and the city won't let them.

Last edited by Unspeaked; Dec 9, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Unspeaked is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion