Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:47 PM   #1
kplain
macrumors newbie

Simple problem major blank help needed

I have a simple enough problem just not sure how or what I need to do in order to resolve it. I have a small fencing company and a web site which generates leads that are emailed to me. Those emails have first and last name as well as address, city, state, zip, phone and four other fields. The email is always the same except what is in the fields. Is there a way to use automator or applescript to extract the data and import it into excel or a filemaker database? I would be happy to provide anyone with a copy of the emails, or any other information you need to point me in the right direction. If you would like to write the applescript for me I would be glad to donate some cash for your time.
kplain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:08 AM   #2
savar
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to savar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kplain
I have a simple enough problem just not sure how or what I need to do in order to resolve it. I have a small fencing company and a web site which generates leads that are emailed to me. Those emails have first and last name as well as address, city, state, zip, phone and four other fields. The email is always the same except what is in the fields. Is there a way to use automator or applescript to extract the data and import it into excel or a filemaker database? I would be happy to provide anyone with a copy of the emails, or any other information you need to point me in the right direction. If you would like to write the applescript for me I would be glad to donate some cash for your time.
Why don't you post a sample e-mail here? Depending on the format this might be pretty easy to do with a shell script.*

*Hard to create an excel file, but easy to create a .csv file which could then easily be viewed in excel.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming