Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Just now as I was writing this reply... Apple has agreed to take care of the problem as long as I take down those pictures on my Blog... so there you have it...

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
msiller said:
This is the saga I've been through, like many others, in the quest of a merely functional MacBook Pro...
It's on an external link, because it's posted on the Apple.com web forums.
A post that will not live to see tomorrow, of course.

http://applerant.blogspot.com/index.html
You know one thing I have noticed is that very few of the people with the magsafe problem are users who have been here for more then 10 posts....or maybe 1 post in your case. But it just seems a little odd. Maybe I am being to harsh if so I am sorry.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
You need to be more persistent with Apple on the phone. There's no way that you explain all those issues and they tell you to bring it in, after you describe what happens when you bring it in.

milozauckerman

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
That's ridiculous. Apple will only take care of your problem if you don't tell anyone? And you're accepting this?

Warranties don't work like that. Apple has to fix your computer's faults, and you can tell anyone you damn well please and post all the pictures you want and warn everyone who might run into the issue.

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
Apple would fix it regardless of any blog photos, but they probably made him a nice deal to get him to take them down.

I.E. "Wow, we're sorry that had to happen to you. You have the stock 1.83GHz model? How about we get you a maxed out 2.16GHz with a 7200RPM drive and 2GB of ram if you take down those pictures and don't mention it again?"

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Silentwave said:
did the cat pee on it?

i thought this happened a long time ago, and it was well discussed, and the conclusion is that the cat peed on there... i mean, magsafe doesn't just spontaneous combust...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.