Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Anybody running a Cordless Elite Keyboard from the Cordless MX Duo set? Today I installed the 2.1 LCC and now when I click on the Keyboard icon the app crashes everytime.
I have uninstalled reinstalled it many times. What I can't understand was it worked fine with 2.0 but now when I have 2.0 or 2.1 installed the same problem occurs.

This is a PPC machine with 10.4.7. If I click on the MX1000 icon I can access it and configure it which really stumps me...
Wish I never installed 2.1 and left 2.0 alone.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Yeah done that originally and the same thing, done a few more tests and 2.1 crashes when accessing the keyboard config after reinstall there. Removed all plists then put on 2.0 and its working. *Touch wood*
There must be something messed up with 2.1, I just don't know.

What was odd after 2.1 installed the first time it nuked the OS X cache like as if you were updating from 10.4.x, desktop and all was really slow loading till after a few reboots.

buffettfan33

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
Arlington, VA
Me too

Yeah, I've been having the same problem too.

There will probably be a lot more posts on this soon, as MacNN just put a story on their front page about how this is available for download.

Any ideas on what can be done to resolve this problem?

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Sadly not yet, mailed logitech due to that and all their support said was to phone them up with the problem.
Obviously something is buggered with 2.1, so I'm sticking with 2.0 for now. You'd think they could test their stuff before release...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I haven't had a problem with my keyboard working the way I wanted but I decided to try to configure it, to see if the Device Manager would fail.

It did:
Code:
Date/Time:      2006-08-30 07:59:25.398 -0400
OS Version:     10.4.7 (Build 8J135)
Report Version: 4

Command: Device Manager
Path:    /Library/Application Support/Logitech/Device Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/Device Manager
Parent:  System Preferences [5376]

Version: 2.1 (2.1)

PID:    5379
Thread: 0

Exception:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (0x0006)
Code[0]:    0x00000001
Code[1]:    0x9295f120

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.Foundation           	0x9295f120 _NSRaiseError + 264
1   com.apple.Foundation           	0x9295ee5c +[NSException raise:format:] + 40
2   com.apple.Foundation           	0x9292547c -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:] + 144
3   ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00008f0c -[prefController fillPrefs:with:] + 2112
4   ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00007228 -[prefController setDeviceInstanceID:andApplication:] + 540
5   ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00006334 -[outlineViewController awakeFromNib] + 412
6   ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00003848 -[mainController awakeFromNib] + 224
7   com.apple.Foundation           	0x9294e668 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:] + 164
8   com.apple.AppKit               	0x93708a70 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:topLevelObjects:] + 864
9   com.apple.AppKit               	0x936f4c9c loadNib + 240
10  com.apple.AppKit               	0x936f46f4 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 716
11  com.apple.AppKit               	0x9374bbc4 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone:] + 156
12  com.apple.AppKit               	0x937dba70 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 344
13  com.apple.AppKit               	0x937db810 NSApplicationMain + 344
14  ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00002974 _start + 760
15  ...ntrol Center.Device Manager 	0x00002678 start + 48

I'm wondering if their addition of Application Enhancer has something to do with it. However, I can configure my Trackman Marble, even though I can't work with the keyboard configuration.

buffettfan33

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
Arlington, VA
Mine is the exact same way... I can configure my MX700 fine, just not my keyboard.

I am also looking for v. 2.0 if anyone has it... or a fix to get v. 2.1 working :D

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Has anyone ever had any clicking problems, like click once while browsing "back/forward" buttons and one click turns into a double click.
Doesn't happen all the time though.

Even grabbing the titlebar it would sometimes double click and minimize to the dock. This be with a MX1000. Wonder if anyone has this problem even with other Logitech mice...

Either that the Base station from the MX DUO set it slightly interfering with the MX1K base.
/me mutters 4 wireless base stations in one room hiding behind wood :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
vohdoun said:
Has anyone ever had any clicking problems, like click once while browsing "back/forward" buttons and one click turns into a double click.
Doesn't happen all the time though.

Even grabbing the titlebar it would sometimes double click and minimize to the dock. This be with a MX1000. Wonder if anyone has this problem even with other Logitech mice...

Either that the Base station from the MX DUO set it slightly interfering with the MX1K base.
/me mutters 4 wireless base stations in one room hiding behind wood :D

I've only had that issue when I'm dealing with a browser and that browser is almost always Firefox. With any other piece of software, it's fine.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I have never liked the LCC I used it in 10.3 for a mouse to use the extra buttons as the OS could not set them for some reason. I hated it. Now I use a logitech mouse with 10.4 I don't use the LCC it works just fine with all the buttons using the X control panel.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
bousozoku said:
I've only had that issue when I'm dealing with a browser and that browser is almost always Firefox. With any other piece of software, it's fine.

Heh it is Firefox I use mainly, and this bug is awful with it. Drives me bunkers!

trainguy77 said:
I have never liked the LCC I used it in 10.3 for a mouse to use the extra buttons as the OS could not set them for some reason. I hated it. Now I use a logitech mouse with 10.4 I don't use the LCC it works just fine with all the buttons using the X control panel.

If it wasn't for the Logitech Elite keyboard, part of the MX DUO set I wouldn't be using this crummy Logitech Control Center, but because of that I need it for the media buttons. I would have went the USB Overdrive route, but to be honest I don't fancy buying drivers. Before that I originally used the MX1k and mapped the buttons to expose but was using an Apple keyboard.

It goes to show how crap Logitech's software really is, the volume wheel doesn't even work under OS X.

buffettfan33

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
Arlington, VA
Nope

I've tried it, and I still can't open up my MX Duo keyboard on my macbook. Does the exact same thing as before, pops up in the dock and then gives you the same error as with 2.1.

Though I didn't uninstall version 2.0 that vohdoun gave me.

Anyone think that might make a difference?

Regardless, I will try uninstalling it, and APE, and reinstalling it fresh and will let you all know what happens.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
buffettfan33 said:
Though I didn't uninstall version 2.0 that vohdoun gave me.

Anyone think that might make a difference?

It won't. I tested it uninstalling 2.0 and putting 2.1 on by itself and its the same problem, their programmers seem to suck or are crap at testing.

So I put the apple keyboard back on, even though I miss the media controls, shame the volume knob never worked for the cordless elite keyboard (Yet again logitech can't make things work). I've finally ditched the LCC. Not putting this rubbish control panel back on, it was giving me so much hassle trying to get work done in photoshop. Clicking by itself when clicking away or single click turns into double click when dragging a titlebar causing it to minimize to the dock as it thought it was a double click.

Also the other annoying thing, I wonder if anyone notices? when installing the LCC or uninstalling, notice it flushes the OS X bootup cache... causing the boot time and desktop to crawl...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.