Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lisa Marie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Hi,

i have a dj setup at home, and im wanted to record a few mix tapes or just even songs from my vinyl collection. I bought a imic and have pluged it up to my mixer then into my ibook G4 and (by the instructions) haves gone to the sound input device selected imic and it seems to be reading the frequency when i have the music playing through that audio input window, but when i load garage band up , and select on new track and select the chanel and have monitor on, and press record nothing appears and it still reords of the built in mic even though i have selected the usb input. Totally confused to what is going on. The 'final vinyl' software that came with it , i tried loading it up and it doesnt read it at all. i have a updated software on the mac so i know that uisnt the problem i seem to pop up on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen and then dissappear. It doesnt give a warning or error message so i dont know what it means.
Please help.

Thanks Lisa:
:confused:

e-clipse

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Nashville,TN
First of all, I feel ya on the transporting vinyl to hard drive. I keep putting that off.

1.When you add a new track do you make sure to select REAL INSTRUMENT instead of software instrument?

2.In GarageBand's preferences.... Do you make sure to select BUILT IN INPUT for the audio input? or if it says usb input or device

3. Have you checked your setting in APPLICATIONS/UTITLITIES/AUDIOMIDISETUP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.