Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
help ... for people with eye disabilities, who have a tunnel vision and dont see whole screen, but only part of it, is quite a problem to locate a cursor ... PC has option to clik CTRL and concentric circles appeared around cursor so you can quicly locate it. where can i find something to help locate cursor at MAC computer ... i am new user of MAC, i adore it :)

thank you!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You can change the size of the cursor in the Mouse pane of Universal Access in System Preferences. There are some other features in Universal Access that you may be interested in. :)

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
mad jew said:
You can change the size of the cursor in the Mouse pane of Universal Access in System Preferences. There are some other features in Universal Access that you may be interested in. :)

The omnigroup has Omnidazzle. Not free, but it in addition to being able to find the mouse pointer easier, it adds some interesting special effects.

Hmm... what mac do you have? It requires 10.4.6 and a core image video card.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
iVersa said:
Apple > Alt > +

Is helpful too, use '-' to zoom back out again

I used to use this feature frequently but I recently got the wireless Mighty Mouse and the ctrl plus scroll feature to zoom is a fantastic help.

natasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
eye disabilities and MAC

great :)

i have iMac

Mac OS X
2 GHz intel Core Duo

:confused:

right information?

now i ll study your suggestions :)

natasa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
i think i attached biggg mouse locator for a case you have lost your mouse ... but it is too big for nonstop using it. enjoy!

Attachments

• MouseLocator.png
    MouseLocator.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.