Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Aug 26, 2006, 06:07 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

August 26, 1993: Apple vs Microsoft Lawsuit Dismissed

Category: History
Link: August 26, 1993: Apple vs Microsoft Lawsuit Dismissed
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Aug 27, 2006, 02:46 PM   #2
autrefois
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Microsoft countered [...] by citing a letter that allowed Microsoft to use some Apple technology in exchange for certain programming concessions.
And Microsoft has even greater lattitude now. If Apple even wanted to sue Microsoft again, Microsoft can always argue that everything they steal from Mac OS X for Vista was authorized by Apple. Remember the "Redmond, start your photocopiers" banner from a while ago? ;-)
autrefois is offline   0
Old Aug 27, 2006, 03:31 PM   #3
FF_productions
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to FF_productions Send a message via Skype™ to FF_productions
I really don't like Microsoft...Did I ever like Microsoft??

Hmm..no.

(Kinda Off-Topic and a rant that I randomly got on)
I remember when we got our first pc about 4 years ago, I can tell you a 2.26 ghz Pentium 4 is a hell of a lot faster than a 32 mhz Performa. It ended up being one of the worst decisions my dad has ever made. He should/could have gotten a iMac G4 for the same price as that stupid tower.

Now that the PC has 2 dead cd/dvd drives, a 14 inch beige monitor as a replacement for the 400 dollar CRT monitor that died, a PC that has erased itself where I met the Blue Screen of Death, my dad is using my Mac and has all his music and videos on here too.

The PC is semi-retired, it's in my bedroom, and all it does is F@H and play games and daily virus-scans.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion