Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey group,

I'm wondering if I can get a slideshow to "shuffle" the pictures in a slideshow? I recently shot a relative's wedding and put together a slide show of a bunch of the pictures. We're going to be having a post honeymoon BBQ and I'd like to set up a screen and just let the show run, but I don't want it to run in the same order the whole time, or always start with the first picture. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Coachingguy

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I have iPhoto 6. When Play is pressed, it should be one of the options near the top. It's on by default for me. :)

Picture 1.png

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Thanks...But...

Thanks for the response, but I can't find that screen. I go into settings and I have all of those check boxes EXCEPT for the one you have that I need, the random slide one...

I'm running iPhoto 6.04.

Any more help?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I just played around with iPhoto and the slideshows to see what I could come up with.

Basically, make a album of all the photos you want in the slideshow. Now, once that album is selected, start a slide show by selecting the "play" button at the bottom (on my screen it is at the bottom next to all the other icons for Burn, Photocast, email, etc.). Doing that should give you the option to shuffle the photos.

It doesn't have the option if you try to make a slideshow using the slideshow button from that list at the bottom. So don't make a slideshow album, but press play for the wedding album you have created and it will have the shuffle option.

Hope that makes sense. Let us know if that works. :)

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Thanks! That did it!

Thanks to WWooden for the different look! How stupid of Apple not to put that option once you've turned a photo album into a slideshow. In addition, I didn't have my window open wide enough to see the Play button.

Thanks again to all who provided assistance!

Coachingguy

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
coachingguy said:
Thanks to WWooden for the different look! How stupid of Apple not to put that option once you've turned a photo album into a slideshow. In addition, I didn't have my window open wide enough to see the Play button.

Thanks again to all who provided assistance!

Coachingguy

I do have to agree that it is surprising that this is not an option in the slideshow settings when making a slideshow album. Hopefully it will be fixed in a later version.

Glad we could help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.