Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
anyone have pictures related to windows vista being a.. well windows os. Post Them Here!! ive seen a few that made me laugh. this picture is just windows related
106_v.jpg

:p

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
backsidetailsli said:
anyone have pictures related to windows vista being a.. well windows os. Post Them Here!! ive seen a few that made me laugh. this picture is just windows related
:p

LOL, that's all you need on a Windows computer. At work that's all I have to push... over and over and over. Do you know where I can purchase it? All these extra keys have never been used :p .

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Then there's the: What if you are the Systems Administrator?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 159

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Friend of mine who has Vista Beta installed (quite some feat in itself), said it's possible to make a Widget that is always on top of the software. It's actually very easy and the Widget bar is easy to exploit, ie, automatically install a Widget that you can't remove easily...

Oh how Microsoft's playing s funny...

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Pittsax said:
I like this one:

That's beautiful :D

Windows seems to be increasingly schizophrenic. Saying there's something causing Windows to behave slowly, and then listing a bunch of core Windows processes is just more evidence!

Having said all that, I'm not really a Windows-basher. I really think that the other 95% of home computer users deserve a decent modern OS. But MS are trapped by the Windows house-of-cards. They need to figure out how they can pull off something like the OS 9 to OS X transition.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
w_parietti22 said:
yep. it is. Vista does not have BSOD they have RSOD (Red Screen of Death)
Actually Vista does have the BSoD. The BSoD is considered "not-as-bad" as the RSoH (Red Screen of Hell) in Vista.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
:p Found some others on the net...

Attachments

• BILL-GATES-bsod.jpg
    BILL-GATES-bsod.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 205
  • iamnotsurprised.jpg
    iamnotsurprised.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 164
  • windoze.jpg
    windoze.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 182

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I installed 5536 yesterday so rather than post pictures I'll just give a quick summary of my experiences :)

- I installed the recommend MSN client (Live Messenger) and managed to send 2 1/2 messages before Vista forgot it had an Internet connection (I couldn't even ping the router).
- Started Media Centre, clicked Play DVD and was asked to insert a DVD. I inserted one and Media Centre crashed.
- Tried again with the DVD pre-inserted this time. It told me it couldn't play because there was no audio device (despite that I had been playing music 2 minutes prior).
- Windows Media Player consistently loads to a blank window.

:D

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Vista is no way near ready. It's so unlikely that it will be released on the currently scheduled date...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
IJ Reilly said:
The boob screen of death?

Tell ya what, if MS were to show me that my PC was stuffed like that instead of just on my screen, I'd be back to Windows in a flash...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.