Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
So I made a song using garage band, and I want to upload it to dmusic. The problem is, it's a really big file for some reason (40mb) and the dmusic limit is 12mb.

Does anyone know if there is any application that will make audio file smaller?

Cheers.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You probably have an AIFF right now. You can export it to iTunes, then convert it to something easier to move around (MP3's probably what you should pick in the iTunes preferences for something like that.)

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Thanks for the replay :)

I exported it to itunes already, and it was in .aif format. The garageband file was around 140mb before I did lol. And it's only one song ffs!

I converted it to .mp3 by renaming it, so I now have a 40mb .mp3 file. Is there any way to make this 12mb or under?

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Melkor said:
Thanks for the replay :)

I exported it to itunes already, and it was in .aif format. The garageband file was around 140mb before I did lol. And it's only one song ffs!

I converted it to .mp3 by renaming it, so I now have a 40mb .mp3 file. Is there any way to make this 12mb or under?

Try changing the settings in iTunes Prefs>Advanced>importing to Mp3 128 bit rate.

That's as small as it will get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.