Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:47 PM   #1
thebiggoose
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to thebiggoose Send a message via Yahoo to thebiggoose
review some stuff

ive been fooling around with photoshop and ive made acouple of things....could you guys tell me what u liek and dont like and what i could do better http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebiggoose
....i'm only 14
thebiggoose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 05:00 PM   #2
JasonElise1983
macrumors 6502a

hmmm...
well, it's good to see younger people trying to learn the software. (Man I sound old...and i'm only 23!)

So, here are my words of wisdom: Photoshop is a great tool that CAN DO ANYTHING you can dream of, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD DO ANYTHING. What i'm getting at is learning the software is great, but anyone can learn software...focus on esthetics and good design principles. Look at how different typefaces change the meaning of what you are doing and how color also effects this.

other than that, it seems you learning to get around in the software pretty well, and if that's all you want...then you are your way. I would just recommend studying up on design principles.

This is what a creative director told me one time on an interview:
"I can teach a monkey to use the software...but i can't teach the monkey to think conceptually. Find me monkey that can think outside of the box and i'll pay it six-figures to walk in the door"
JasonElise1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:47 PM   #3
thebiggoose
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to thebiggoose Send a message via Yahoo to thebiggoose
thanks for the reply...i lied in the original post....i'm 15 i just ahd my birthday....how could i learn about design principles....and also...could u give me some tips about what i'm doign right and wrong....also...I uploaded teh originals next to the modified pix
thebiggoose is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics