Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Moving back to Boston destroyed summer MW. I wish they'd pull their contract and go back to NY, but it's not gonna happen. Then again, the first MW I ever went to was in Boston. Yet again, that was the weakest MW I've been to.

Dan

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
It's about damned time MW comes BACK to Boston... I'll be very glad when it finally returns in 2004 since I will be able to [easily] go there.

I hate NYC, plain and simple. There is nothing there to get me to return and plenty of things to keep me away. Just one thing is the cost of decent hotel rooms there. When I went to MWNY in 2001 the room alone cost ~$500 for just two nights. :eek:

I MIGHT travel to SF for the next MW, provided it's there. Then again, I might just save the expense and pick up another Mac.

As for everyone B&M'ng over MW leaving NY... DEAL WITH IT! Just as we had to "deal with it" when it left Boston for NY. Over the past few years attenance at MWNY has been declining. Not only have there been less vendors each year, but less people are going as well.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
It's official...

IDG World Expo, the producers of Macworld Conference & Expo, and Apple Computer Inc. on Wednesday jointly announced a new event aimed at creative professionals. Scheduled for July 14-18, 2003 at New York's Javits Center, CREATE will focus on technology and professional solutions for the creative arts, including design and publishing, video and music.

Here's the most interesting part:

IDG World Expo previously announced that Macworld Conference & Expo would move to Boston in 2004, but Scheschareg said that everything would be evaluated after the New York CREATE launch this summer.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Very interesting - although I don't think its going to be able to generate the excitement of a MacWorld....

And by calling it Create, well, that opens it up to the PC world as well, now doesn't it? So we'll most likely be seeing all sorts of new things and not just for macs.

D

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I think it is a good move actually, by shifting the focus to Designers apple may be able to keep or peak a new interest in the field, a field that is undeniably the biggest percentage of mac users. I doubt PC's will seep into the show, its still a mac show just now a mac show focused on designers right?

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by AlphaTech

As for everyone B&M'ng over MW leaving NY... DEAL WITH IT! Just as we had to "deal with it" when it left Boston for NY. Over the past few years attenance at MWNY has been declining. Not only have there been less vendors each year, but less people are going as well.

This is due to the major drop in spending in the field, not due to it being NYC. Boston will be the same. Nearly all companies there are based in California, lugging all that equiptment will be just as difficult in Boston as it is in NYC.

I personally like NYC, as I have no idea what I would do in Boston during slow times at the show or at nights. NYC there is thousands of things to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.