Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 2

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:23 PM   #1
skoker
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
FS/T: NIB Xbox and NIB Xbox 360 Core System

I've got an Xbox (classic) and an Xbox 360 core system, both brand new in box, factory sealed, with a full years warranty. I got these from a Microsoft promo (long story) and will never probably play them.

I'm looking for cash or trades, and would prefer trades.

What trades, you ask?

Macs (really want an iMac G4 or G5 or laptops or a Mini, could add cash to make it an even deal)

Accessories (right now looking for a Mighty Mouse, iCurve, iSight, others)

Anything! (will consider anything!)


Let me know what your offers are! I've got lots of positive feedback both here on MR and as skokerz101 on eBay.

Thanks!
skoker

Last edited by skoker; Sep 1, 2006 at 04:47 PM.
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:14 PM   #2
ReanimationLP
macrumors 68030
 
ReanimationLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the moon.
Where can I sign up for that promo.
__________________
"For what am I living?"
I want to shout it out loud. Can you hear me?


Stuff for Sale :3
ReanimationLP is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:22 PM   #3
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReanimationLP
Where can I sign up for that promo.

You can't- sorry. The only downside is that I'm gonna be in Microsoft 'promotional material'
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:33 PM   #4
sikkinixx
macrumors 68020
 
sikkinixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rocketing through the sky!
I have two bits of string, a lucky marble and CD-R with only 123mb of data on it (dont worry its still open so you can burn more onto it)
__________________
sikkinixx is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:36 PM   #5
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkinixx
I have two bits of string, a lucky marble and CD-R with only 123mb of data on it (dont worry its still open so you can burn more onto it)
Your bits of string intrigue me, but alas I'll have to refuse your offer.


Seriously guys, reasonable and serious offers only please.
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:39 PM   #6
ReanimationLP
macrumors 68030
 
ReanimationLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the moon.
Heh.

Weeeeeeeeelll, if you like Wal-Mart, they will allow you to return them as long as they're sealed. You'll get a gift card though, but you could always buy a nice iPod with it.
__________________
"For what am I living?"
I want to shout it out loud. Can you hear me?


Stuff for Sale :3
ReanimationLP is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:46 PM   #7
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReanimationLP
Heh.

Weeeeeeeeelll, if you like Wal-Mart, they will allow you to return them as long as they're sealed. You'll get a gift card though, but you could always buy a nice iPod with it.
A) I hate Wal-Mart

B) I want a new (to me) Mac. Even if it is an eMac or Mini or something like that.
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:47 PM   #8
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
First person to buy an xbox gets dibbs on the Will it Float? Home Game!




(sorry, I had to)


Anyways, to not make this a bump, I'm also looking for displays and Powermac G4's
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:06 PM   #9
Jomoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I'd be willing to trade a g4 imac for the xbox 360, but I think you'd need to sweeten the deal a little to make it even. I already have the standard xbox, so that wouldn't help. I'll need to buy the hard drive for the 360 and a wireless controller, so maybe you could throw those in or enough cash to cover it. I'm looking for $450 or the equivelent in trades, so about $150 cash plus the xbox 360 would do it.

Here's the specs on the imac:
700 mhz,
512 ram,
airport card installed.
Comes with the original box, speakers, original keyboard, mouse and packaging.
I can either wipe it clean and restore it with the cds to panther, or leave tiger and some other software on. I can have pictures up soon if you're interested.
Jomoma is offline   0
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:27 PM   #10
Jomoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Actually I just had an idea. I send the g4, you take the xboxes back to walmart, and email me the giftcard codes. I order this package from walmart.com, so I'm happy, you get rid of the xboxes, so you're happy, and you have a good g4 imac. Do you see any problems with this working (walmart - wise?) We can do it the other way if you want, but the package online is a much beter deal than upgrading the core system.

EDIT: by the way, I'd love it if you threw in the "Will It Float: The Home Game" Xbox edition. Do you know if that's backwards compatible on the 360?

Last edited by Jomoma; Sep 1, 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Jomoma is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:11 AM   #11
ReanimationLP
macrumors 68030
 
ReanimationLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the moon.
The Will It Float game is fake. Its a gag off of some late-night TV show.
__________________
"For what am I living?"
I want to shout it out loud. Can you hear me?


Stuff for Sale :3
ReanimationLP is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:44 AM   #12
mgmktx
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReanimationLP
The Will It Float game is fake. Its a gag off of some late-night TV show.
David Letterman specfically
mgmktx is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:04 AM   #13
Jomoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I know, it was a lame attempt at humor. I love david letterman.
Jomoma is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:36 PM   #14
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoma
I'd be willing to trade a g4 imac for the xbox 360, but I think you'd need to sweeten the deal a little to make it even. I already have the standard xbox, so that wouldn't help. I'll need to buy the hard drive for the 360 and a wireless controller, so maybe you could throw those in or enough cash to cover it. I'm looking for $450 or the equivelent in trades, so about $150 cash plus the xbox 360 would do it.

Here's the specs on the imac:
700 mhz,
512 ram,
airport card installed.
Comes with the original box, speakers, original keyboard, mouse and packaging.
I can either wipe it clean and restore it with the cds to panther, or leave tiger and some other software on. I can have pictures up soon if you're interested.

Pictures please! I'll consider the Wal-mart idea.
skoker is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:57 PM   #15
Jomoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I'm sorry, but I was actually given a xbox 360 today as a late birthday present. I'm still looking for a buyer for the imac (450), but unfourtunately I won't need the trade. Good luck!
Jomoma is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:03 PM   #16
zap2
macrumors 604
 
zap2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington D.C
i have an iMac G5 that is not really my main computer anymore..however i know the PPC values are dropped a lot, so i'm not sure if it be worth it to trade away, however PM me, maybe we can work out a deal

Specs
1.8Ghz
SuperDrive
1Gb of RAM
17'' Screen
AirPort only(No BT)
And one dead pixel
(Also i'd only want the 360 plus cash, but i'm not sure of the iMac's value)
Also has AppleCare until Dec 07
__________________
"We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
zap2 is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:21 AM   #17
mlrproducts
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I have a PM G4 350mhz Sawtooth I need to get working. If I can its got 40GB and 256MB. Would you be interested in anything like that? I had to sell my premium 360 on here a while back because I lost my job, and NEEEED to get my hands on a (hopefully) cheap 360 again to feed the addiction.
mlrproducts is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2006, 09:37 PM   #18
skoker
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
skoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to skoker Send a message via Skype™ to skoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2
i have an iMac G5 that is not really my main computer anymore..however i know the PPC values are dropped a lot, so i'm not sure if it be worth it to trade away, however PM me, maybe we can work out a deal

Specs
1.8Ghz
SuperDrive
1Gb of RAM
17'' Screen
AirPort only(No BT)
And one dead pixel
(Also i'd only want the 360 plus cash, but i'm not sure of the iMac's value)
Also has AppleCare until Dec 07
How much cash did you want with the 360? How much cash would you want if I bought it right out? (might have deal pending on the 360).

Send me a PM please.
skoker is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Marketplace Archive 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody want a NIB 2008 8 Core Mac Pro? applereviewguy Mac Pro 21 Mar 10, 2014 04:31 AM
Will Xbox One and Xbox 360 XBL be compatible with each other? marddin Console Games 7 Aug 21, 2013 03:59 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC