Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Is it just me or have a crapload of threads from 2004 and 2005 been being bumped lately?

The Web Dev forum comes to mind.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
spicyapple said:
Is it better to bump an old thread or create a new, but duplicate thread?

That's not the point. Some of the threads are being bumped from over two years ago to answer a resolved/now irrelevant question or just to say something like 'cool.'.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
skoker said:
That's not the point. Some of the threads are being bumped from over two years ago to answer a resolved/now irrelevant question or just to say something like 'cool.'.

You do know that now, because of your post, we will see a resurgence of old posts whose only new content is 'cool', don't you? :p

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If it is something like 'cool' -- PM a mod to delete the post and send the thread back into history.

And if the member is doing a lot of old thread games, ask the mods to delete the member.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Felldownthewell said:
I saw that too, but the new poster was asking why the linked website was down, which, while this is an ancient thread, is still a valid question.

I know- I'm just wondering if they were reading the thread>clicked the link> posted that it was down or clicked the link>found the thread>posted.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
mad jew said:
At least we can't complain about these people not searching. :)

At least the search is working for some people :rolleyes:

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
skoker said:
Is it just me or have a crapload of threads from 2004 and 2005 been being bumped lately?

The Web Dev forum comes to mind.

You mean like the time we were actually hoping for new Powerbooks G5 next tuesday?

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
bousozoku said:
Instead of complaining about it or posting about it as others did, report it as spam.

How long have you been here?

Me? I've been here about a year and a half, a demi for about a year. I'm not complaining, I'm just mentioning it in an on-going discussion.

And I wouldn't consider it to me spam, just a comment that was posted in a super-old thread and didn't really warrant being posted in that thread. I'm aware that everybody has the right to post whatever they want (within reason) almost anywhere they want on the site. I respect that poster's decision to post in that thread, I'm just bring up the simple point that somebody posted something new in a thread that is 4 years old, when a newer thread or a new thread entirely would have worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.