Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I recently switched to the Beta of Google Reader as my default RSS reader, and it has worked very well so far.

This morning, though, it has had problems. Lots of errors occur, and I get the same (small) batch of stories again and again. Sometimes I get a few more when I wait a while, but then it "resets" again... :(

Anybody else use Google Reader? Anybody else have problems with it?

Doesn't seem to be any problems with the "rest of the web"... ;)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Seems to be working again now... :)

I actually had to re-enable Sage there for a while...

Am I the only one using Google Reader, or just the only one having problems with it...?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I tried using Google Reader once, and it just never seemed to work for me. It wouldn't accept my imported feeds, so I just gave up on it.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Compile 'em all said:
It seems you are the only one using it :D, I use NetNewsWire Lite for that matter.
He-he... I've gone through NNW lite, Safari, Firefox Live bookmarks, Vienna and Sage before ending up on Google Reader... I'm not very loyal to my RSS readers, always on the lookout for one that suits me better... :)
Warbrain said:
I tried using Google Reader once, and it just never seemed to work for me. It wouldn't accept my imported feeds, so I just gave up on it.
Is that a while ago... because it accepted my OPML file, exported from Vienna (and also used to import feeds to Sage), without any problems.

Well, not entirely without problems, as I first tried from Minefield (aka Firefox 3 pre-alpha) which wouldn't even load the subscription page, but from Safari and Firefox 2, managing subscriptions works just fine...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.