Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Ajmbc
macrumors regular

Screen warping?

On my iBook dual usb, you close it, turn it so the latch is facing you (upside down), and it looks like the inner plastic is peeling away and warping from the outer plastic. This is Reaaaaallly bothering me. Can anyone help?

=ajmbc=
Ajmbc is offline   0
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:41 PM   #2
alset
macrumors 65816

Re: Screen warping?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ajmbc
On my iBook dual usb, you close it, turn it so the latch is facing you (upside down), and it looks like the inner plastic is peeling away and warping from the outer plastic. This is Reaaaaallly bothering me. Can anyone help?

=ajmbc=
It's not very clear to me if this is an old iBook with the rubber shielding and handle or a new case design. How old is your iBook? Is it under warranty or AppleCare? Do you transport it around a lot in a backpack or other case that doesn't protect it very well?

Dan
Old Mar 26, 2003, 08:05 PM   #3
Ajmbc
macrumors regular

It is a white one. No, I don't carry it around in a backpack alot. i am just wondering if it is just normal wear and tear of an iBook. I have noticed these iBooks are very fragile, especially around the screen region.
It is not under warranty or Apple care.
=ajmbc=
Ajmbc is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers