Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Sly
macrumors 6502

ibook will not turn on or charge battery

My Sister has just called to say her G3 800mhz ibook will not turn on. The battery is also flat and will not charge (she rarely uses it). My initial thought was a problem with the battery or power brick, however it will not boot with the battery out and the light on the power plug is glowing green all the time so I assume is has power to the plug end. Any other thoughts as she is talking or binning it and buying a reliable computer.
Sly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:15 PM   #2
California
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
My Sister has just called to say her G3 800mhz ibook will not turn on. The battery is also flat and will not charge (she rarely uses it). My initial thought was a problem with the battery or power brick, however it will not boot with the battery out and the light on the power plug is glowing green all the time so I assume is has power to the plug end. Any other thoughts as she is talking or binning it and buying a reliable computer.
That computer model has known logic board issues. The boards die. She should call apple and see if it still under an extended warranty. If not, I'll buy the carcass off of her.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs