Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:59 AM   #1
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

NSMatrix simple question

I am trying to create a calculator in Cocoa. So far, I have the parser ready (made in C++) but my problem lies into building the interface. This is a screenshot of my interface so far (very primitive).

All I want to do is to press a button and have its name appeared into the NSTextField. I could do that by making 10 different functions for each button, but I thought that an NSMatrix would help, so these 10 buttons you see are all NSMatrix.

My question is: How do I take the value of each button pressed in the NSMatrix so that I can display it into the textfield?
(of course there are many ways to do it... but I want to know the way which is more flexible).
Attached Images

Last edited by Soulstorm; Sep 9, 2006 at 08:05 AM.
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:20 AM   #2
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

Am I creating a memory leak here?

I think I made it, but I think that I am creating a memory leak. Can you check the function that updates the nstextfield? Am I creating a memory leak there?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calculator test 1.zip (71.2 KB, 46 views)
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:54 PM   #3
kpua
macrumors 6502

As far as memory leaks go, you're fine. For reference, here's the line you're referring to:

Code:
[theText setStringValue:[[theText stringValue] stringByAppendingString:[[theMatrix selectedCell] title]]];
You're not using alloc or copy anywhere, so there's no need to use release. All of the strings you're using here are autoreleased or managed by other objects.
kpua is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming