Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:27 PM   #1
rock6079
macrumors 6502

help with getting a book printed/bound

i hope this is the best section to post this.

i was wondeing if anyone had any advice or suggestions for a printing and binding company that could print a short-run perfect bound book. (probably a quantity of 25)

i have found several sites such as

lulu.com and
instantpublisher.com

both of which are pretty close to what I need (especially with in terms of price - both under $10/book) but I have had difficulties with both and was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions.

if it helps
my book is 7.3" x 5" and 150 pages with 20 pages of colour.

a printer anywhere in canada or the states is fine, but i just cant seem to find one.

has anyone used theses sites ? or others ? please let me know
rock6079 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock6079
I have had difficulties with both...
What kind of difficulties? That's a verrrry short run, BTW. What kind of project is it?
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:48 PM   #3
rock6079
macrumors 6502

instantpublisher -- i have been unable to upload to their servers. they haven't been to helpful in finding an alternative method.

lulu.com -- doens't offer the type of specifications i require... for example they have set page sizes, which differs from mine, which means i would have to redo most of the indesign file i created and i am waiting till monday to call them and find out if they can accomodate a project with some black and white pages and some colour. it appears on their website as if you can only choose one.

i know its a very short run but the book is one written by my grandfather, that i put on the computer from old type written pages and designed into a proper book. I want to get it printed for the family as a surprise. anything over 25 would be too much and unnecessary at this time. also i dont have more than about $500 to spend on this project right now.

thanks for your response
rock6079 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics