Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I don't know how I ended up at this site (titled "Untitled Document"), but I am amazed that someone who designed a page that bad could be a "proud member" of the "HTML Writers Guild" - whatever that is, it apparently doesn't stand for much.

And what is with all the creepy references to spiders, and "New Media" ?

One of his clients is http://www.bestbuyheatingandairconditioning.com/

They couldn't come up with a better URL than that?

Ridiculous venting by myself of course...

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
How can people get away with that?!?

Haha my little sister makes better looking sites than that using piczo. Seriously.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
OMG! I had my speakers off for the last few days. I didn't even notice there was creepy spider music to go along with the creepy spider pictures and references!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
schaef2493 said:
And they claim to be a web designer?:eek:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing, baby.
webdesignswing.gif

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Says it all.

At the bottom of that incredibly long and tedious page, in blue on blue is the following text:

Through a top-down, proactive approach we can remain customer focused and goal-directed, innovate and be an inside-out organization which facilitates sticky web-readiness transforming turnkey eyeballs to brand 24/365 paradigms with benchmark turnkey channels implementing viral e-services and dot-com action-items while we take that action item off-line and raise a red flag and remember touch base as you think about the red tape outside of the box and seize B2B e-tailers and re-envisioneer innovative partnerships that evolve dot-com initiatives delivering synergistic earballs to incentivize B2B2C deliverables that leverage magnetic solutions to synergize clicks-and-mortar earballs while facilitating one-to-one action-items with revolutionary relationships that deliver viral markets and grow e-business supply-chains that expedite seamless relationships and transform back-end relationships withthrough a top-down, proactive approach we can remain customer focused and goal-directed, innovate and be an inside-out organization which facilitates sticky web-readiness transforming turnkey eyeballs to brand 24/365 paradigms with benchmark turnkey channels implementing viral e-services and dot-com action-items while we take that action item off-line and raise a red flag and remember touch base as you think about the red tape outside of the box and seize B2B e-tailers and re-envisioneer innovative partnerships that evolve dot-com initiatives delivering synergistic earballs to incentivize B2B2C deliverables that leverage magnetic solutions to synergize clicks-and-mortar earballs while facilitating one-to-one action-items with revolutionary relationships that deliver viral markets and grow e-business supply-chains that expedite seamless relationships and transform back-end relationships withthrough a top-down, proactive approach we can remain customer focused and goal-directed, innovate and be an inside-out organization which facilitates sticky web-readiness transforming turnkey eyeballs to brand 24/365 paradigms with benchmark turnkey channels web developers, web designers, page, internet companies, web design, web development, java, buttons, JAVA, ASP, associated server pages, scripts, cgi, graphic art, online business, home pages, internet consultants, web consultants, consulting firms, posting, search engines, search engine promotion, exposure, listings, real estate, logo, ecommerce, e-commerce, commerce, forms, forums, online shopping, sales, graphic designers, logos, hosting, web pages, promotion, etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself, mate.

BTW, what's an earball? (see just after it says B2B2C, near the top of the quote)

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
:eek: That site is quite an eyesore! This is my favorite graphic, taken from their graphics design services page:
graphicarts.gif

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Apparently they offer web hosting as well. I'm sure it is very reliable.

For the low price of $24.95 a month (plus $29.50 setup fee) you get the following:

• 10mb of storage space
  • Unlimited Bandwidth (within reason) - how can you be unreasonable with only 10mb of storage space?
  • 2 whole POP3 email accounts
  • and a few other duhs (CGI-BIN for example)

That is some highly competitive pricing there.

ThunderLounge

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
Well, so much for dinner. :rolleyes:

FrontPage is NOT your friend.

Makes me want to "strike up a conversation" and bait a trap. lol

ThunderLounge

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
I did notice last night and forgot to mention that there is a page title now.

:rolleyes:

Not like it makes a difference. They obviously can't do anything other than screw a naive business out of their hard earned cash.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
ThunderLounge said:
I did notice last night and forgot to mention that there is a page title now.

:rolleyes:

Not like it makes a difference. They obviously can't do anything other than screw a naive business out of their hard earned cash.

I would use extreme caution with regards to slamming that site. It is obvious by "Spiders" huge block of text at the bottom of his page, that he understands search engines really well!

He may locate you, and your site, infect it with the vicious Melissa virus, and proceed with world domination.

::EDIT::

Oh my word! check out this Podcast from this site!

This talks about the Spider's web designs.. (sorry bored and googled for a bit)

ThunderLounge

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
840quadra said:
I would use extreme caution with regards to slamming that site. It is obvious by "Spiders" huge block of text at the bottom of his page, that he understands search engines really well!

He may locate you, and your site, infect it with the vicious Melissa virus, and proceed with world domination.

::EDIT::

Oh my word! check out this Podcast from this site!

This talks about the Spider's web designs.. (sorry bored and googled for a bit)

Now I'm going to have to clean my keyboard. Thanks. Just what I needed... coffee shooting out my nose. :rolleyes: :D

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Well, since the Artful Spider designed it, no I don't think it is. And what does Abraham Lincoln have to do with cocaine? I also find it hard to believe that this horrible web site is the world's first, and more importantly, only anonymous drug treatment program.

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
schaef2493 said:
And they claim to be a web designer?:eek:

i can't see where spider claimed to be a talented designer...seriously when will people realize that less is more?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.