Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
I just bought a 24" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac and I wanted to know if the 2GB of memory from my 20" Intel Core Duo iMac is compatible. Also, does anyone know where to buy a 2GB stick of RAM for the new 24" iMac? I can't find it anywhere and I want to use the full 3GB allowed in the new machine.

Oh, and I'm selling my 20" Intel Core Duo iMac that I purchased May 13th of this year. It's in pristine condition and I can take some pictures if anyone is interested. I'm selling it for $1,275 including shipping and that also gets you 2GB of memory (or 1GB if the RAM is compatible with my new 24" iMac). It also ships in the original packaging. PM me for more info or offers.

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2006
Australia
Yes, it is compatible.

You can buy the 2GB from Crucial, Datamem.com, OWC, but it is VERY expensive, the stick is around $600 usd...

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
CrEsTo said:
Yes, it is compatible.

You can buy the 2GB from Crucial, Datamem.com, OWC, but it is VERY expensive, the stick is around $600 usd...

HOLY MAD COW! The 2GB stick is $1399.99 from Crucial: http://www.crucial.com/store/MParts...6GHz+Intel+Core+2+Duo+(24-inch)&WSPN=CT583778

I will pass. I guess I'm going to be sticking with 2GB of memory for a while then. Maybe in a year the price will come way down. Although by then, Apple will introduce 3 or 4 RAM slots into the iMac anway.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Apple!Fre@k said:
HOLY MAD COW! The 2GB stick is $1399.99 from Crucial: http://www.crucial.com/store/MPartsp...SPN=CT 583778

I will pass. I guess I'm going to be sticking with 2GB of memory for a while then. Maybe in a year the price will come way down. Although by then, Apple will introduce 3 or 4 RAM slots into the iMac anway.
WildCowboy said:
Just one of the myriad of reasons why no one should ever buy from Crucial.

It's around $670 at DataMem and about $730 at MacSales (OWC)...

That is a huge difference in price! :eek:

How can those folks at Crucial sleep with themselves at night when they commit highway robbery when the sell a stick of RAM. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.