StarCraft Auto Login Applescript?? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Sep 12, 2006, 05:49 PM   #1
O)Matt-Burch
macrumors newbie

StarCraft Auto Login Applescript??

Is it possible to, on startup load starcraft wait for a minute select multiplayer, expansion wait for 10 seconds, enter name in first entry, and password in second entry, press "OK" wait for 5 seconds, and join a channel?? Yes it is alot to ask for. I am using OS9.2.2 so it might be different than OSX ?? I only know basic applescript.

I would greatly appreciate it for any1 to make this code, if you don't that is fine, because it is alot to do, by the way i think.
O)Matt-Burch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:33 PM   #2
Krevnik
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by O)Matt-Burch
Is it possible to, on startup load starcraft wait for a minute select multiplayer, expansion wait for 10 seconds, enter name in first entry, and password in second entry, press "OK" wait for 5 seconds, and join a channel?? Yes it is alot to ask for. I am using OS9.2.2 so it might be different than OSX ?? I only know basic applescript.

I would greatly appreciate it for any1 to make this code, if you don't that is fine, because it is alot to do, by the way i think.
The app needs to support scripting, and you are asking for UI scripting, which there is no good way to do... even in 10.4. Nobody is going to be able to do this.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:08 PM   #3
bobber205
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to bobber205 Send a message via Yahoo to bobber205 Send a message via Skype™ to bobber205
You could hire somebody to do it. By that I mean hiring somebody to phyiscally do it everday...
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:52 AM   #4
Xeem
macrumors 6502a

I know absolutely nothing about Applescript, and I haven't played Starcraft in years, but I think that Warcraft 3 has pretty much the same hotkeys and battle.net setup. This is what would be needed to do what you want in Warcraft 3, and all it needs is keystrokes, no actual mouse needed, and I know there are programs in OS 9 capable of this, such as QuicKeys, should a script not pan out.

So Starcraft would launch as a startup item/whatever, and after a few seconds the "b" key would be input, taking you to battle.net login screen. The the login name can be automatically remembered, and I think if it is the password box is selected by default, so the script would just need type in the password, followed by the return key, which logs you onto bnet, and after a few seconds the "h" key, which would bring up the channel menu (with the channel name box already selected), and the script would type out the channel name, followed by the return key, bringing you to your channel. Remember, this is assuming that Starcraft and Warcraft use the same hotkeys within battle.net, which might be wrong.

Hopefully this might help someone here who actually does know how to write Applescripts (but might not know Starcraft) to help you out.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming