Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hicks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
I use an external harddrive to keep my Windows iTunes and my MacOSX iTunes synchronized. Going either from Win to Mac or the opposite, when I label a TV show video as such under the new Video tab, when I get it loaded on the other computer, it lists as a Movie. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there anything I can do about it?

Also, with any video, how do you keep it from duplicating the track # into the title? Like "08 title" to "08 08 title" to "08 08 08 title" and so forth?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Same problem here, I have TONS of TV shows but they show up in Movies. If you get info on ONE file you can change it to TV, but you can't do them all at once. Any ideas on how to do this without going through 100+ videos and changing them all to TV?

Hicks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
re:

Yes, having to change them one at a time is a royal pain.

robo74

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2004
Rockford, IL
I had to do my one by one.
And that I did.

My problem now is that I cant find where they are put at in my ipod.
I have movies, but when I go to to that menu, there is no TV SHOW section.

Rob

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
AppleScript

If you are comfortable with applescript, try this apple script. Be careful with any script, test with a small number of list before massively changing ur list.

The following applescript changes all tracks to "TV show" in playlist "Test". Comment/Uncomment the lines appropriately to change it back.

Code:
tell application "iTunes"
	if version as string is less than "7.0" then
		display dialog "This script requires iTunes 7 or better." buttons {"Cancel"} default button 1 with icon 0 giving up after 30
	end if

tell source "Library"
		tell playlist "Test"
			try
				repeat with this_track in every track

-- Movies
					--set video kind of this_track to "kVdM" 

-- Music Video
					--set video kind of this_track to "kVdV"  

-- TV show
					set video kind of this_track to "kVdT"

end repeat

on error
				display dialog "Error while changing Video Kind." buttons {"Cancel"} default button 1
			end try
		end tell
	end tell

end tell

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
jaykk said:
If you are comfortable with applescript, try this apple script. Be careful with any script, test with a small number of list before massively changing ur list.

The following applescript changes all tracks to "TV show" in playlist "Test". Comment/Uncomment the lines appropriately to change it back.

THANK YOU TONS! Works great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.