Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:29 AM   #1
macgfxdesigner
macrumors regular

Book Cover Design Critique

I am working on a leasing brochure for a new development for a client and wanted your guys opinion on the design, and also the logo, designed that also.

The right side are tabs that each page is going to be cut to align with the top or bottom page. Finished size is going to be 8.5 x 14 on a heavy card stock with some vellum used for a touch of class.

Larger Size HERE

*UPDATE* From Blue Velvet's suggestion, Thank You, better?

Last edited by macgfxdesigner; Sep 13, 2006 at 09:50 AM.
macgfxdesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

First impression: I find the bottom (colour) illustration a little large on the page... maybe take it down to 90-95% of that placed size just to give a little air around it? Just feels a little cramped at the mo.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:29 AM   #3
mouchoir
macrumors 6502a

Assuming that is just the cover and flaps (and not the back also), I think it would be an idea to reduce 'The Plaza Mall of Georgia' to just one appearance. I find seeing it written 3 times is slightly overkilling it, when just once would do.
mouchoir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:20 PM   #4
ATD
macrumors 6502a

Nice but one thing is concerning me. If the cover is cropped at the color bars then the type + rules are too close to the outside edges. If there is any play in the trimming the thin bar at the bottom going to look real bad.

ATD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics