Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
They do provided you download the new software:)

I know this because i am currently trying to meet par on mini golf, an absolutly fantastic addition to the ipod!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Ashapalan said:
They do provided you download the new software:)

I know this because i am currently trying to meet par on mini golf, an absolutly fantastic addition to the ipod!
cool. does the new software also include the search function?

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
it doesn't include the search function no :(

It does however add a brightness setting and alpahbet scrolling when you scroll fast. I believe it also adds support for higher quality video playback too.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Ashapalan said:
it doesn't include the search function no :(
i'll have to hack around with that.

It does however add a brightness setting and alpahbet scrolling when you scroll fast. I believe it also adds support for higher quality video playback too.
what's alphabet scrolling?

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
it isn't officially called that, but say (for example) that you are scrolling through all your songs, when you scroll very fast, a big letter appears in the middle of the screen, allowing you to quickly move to all songs beginning 'T' etc...

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
wmmk said:
what's alphabet scrolling?

If you have a bajillion artists and are scrolling very fast it overlays the letter of the alphabet so you know roughly where you are.

I'm not sure why they didn't include searching in the upgrade as it seems to be a software thing and not a hardware issue but... ah well.

Tennor

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2006
Upgrading iPod software...

iTunes tells me that my iPod is running software version 1.1.2.

It also says that it's up to date.

Something is wrong here, because 1.2 is the new ipod software.

Any help?

Tennor

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2006
I just did a "restore", and it allowed me to update. And i was glad I didn't have to do a full reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.