Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Hey there,

I am trying to figure out how to print to my HP laserjet 2100 using my mac book pro. I have purchased a serial to USB cable and I thought this would do it...when I try to print the pages will either print jibberish or nothing...I have deleted the printer and added it at least twice as I thought this was the problem...I have downloaded the drivers from the HP site...I just can't figure this out...I would appreciate any help I can get as I am trying to set up a small home office and would prefer not to buy a new printer unless absolutley necessary.

Thanks

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Here are two support docs from the HP site -- they seem Windows centric, but might be worth a shot:

Link.

and

Link.

Have you tried printing from multiple applications (in other words, can you rule out the application proper as part of the problem?).

You might want to download drivers again or even try drivers for other HP printers if all else fails.

stdavidsway

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2006
Problems with Laser Jet 2100

My Laser Jet 2100 will not print with my new iMac with Intel processor. I have downloaded all drivers from HP. Printer only prints blank pages (about 20 at a time) or letters randomly spaced across the page. Please help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.