Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I used to be able to use the app OurTunes to download songs from my brothers computer and vice versa, both using the same iTunes account. However now with iTunes 7 I am unable to do this.. any way to get the songs now?

ibilly

macrumors regular
May 2, 2003
Boulder
I too have observed this. It works before you upgrade, but the moment you do, it's no good any more...

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Weird... it's almost like Apple's trying to prevent people from copying music like this... :rolleyes:

Jomanscool2

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah I have noticed this too, it is REALLY irritating as I used ourTunes to copy music bought on my music store account from my siblings. Supposudly you can use the new "Transfer Purchased Music From iPod" feature, but knowing Apple it wont figure out what you already have and not import that.

I have tried contacting the ourTunes guys, but the email doesn't work, but I have found another program similar to ourTunes called Blue Coconut that I tried and also failed with iTunes 7. I was, however, able to send them an email regarding the iTunes 7 incompatability.

Lets just hope one of these two are fixed soon, or a new one comes out. P.s. has anyone gotten myTunes to work on PC with iTunes 7? I have the same problem as I do with ourTunes, even though the website claims it works.

Also, if anyone tries the iPod thing and it works well, and decides what to import and what not to depending on what you have, please let us know.

linzkaye13

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2006
Same Problem

I have ran into that same problem on a PC- my roommate and I use mytunes redux, and it quit working with the new upgrade, and I had also tried ourtunes but neither work- so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I didn't directly try the iPod thing, but it found songs that were on my iPod that... weren't on there (it's a refurb, and it found about 15-20 songs that weren't actually in my library and transferred them back, as if they were mine). It downloaded those songs fine, though I immediately deleted them. I'd think it'll work fine, and I also will bet that the programs you're referring to will be updated soon. It's perfectly normal that programs such as those will break with new updates, since they're on the fringe of legality (yes, they're legal in that situation, but they could easily be used for illegal activities) so Apple tends to at least not worry about whether they break with a new update.

jW

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
This is because Apple changed the way it stores its music in iTunes. just wait for an update from the developer.

ineffiblemind

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2006
Save Our Tunes

I am working to get a new iTunes music managment software (a.k.a. OurTunes) to work. I need help on spreading the word and perhaps a dollar or two donated to this cause.

visit

SaveOurTUnes for more info on what is goin on

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.