Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:28 PM   #1
no6surprises
macrumors newbie

Importing music into itunes

today i got all this music from my old mp3 player, an iriver, and at first i imported a few files by going to file-import-and it had already selected itunes music and i just pressed choose and all the new files would go into itunes. Now it will only let me choose one file at a time ill never get them all imported i have about 600 new songs to put in there. PLEASE!! tell me how to fix this.
no6surprises is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:33 PM   #2
monke
macrumors 65816

Try file-import-folder, it should work
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:45 PM   #3
no6surprises
macrumors newbie

yikes

thanks, but i've been trying that it's only letting me import one song at a time though and i jsut wanted to know why? or has this happened to you before, because usually i just press choose and all the files are updated at once.
no6surprises is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:49 PM   #4
monke
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by no6surprises
thanks, but i've been trying that it's only letting me import one song at a time though and i jsut wanted to know why? or has this happened to you before, because usually i just press choose and all the files are updated at once.
Actually this hasn't happened to me before. Are you using windows or Mac OS X?

In either, try exploring the iRiver itself and copying the music folder out and pasting it on your desktop. Then try importing by file-import folder.

Hope it helps.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:32 PM   #5
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

If this is OS X, can you open a finder window for the folder that contains all the music and subfolders, and type "kind:music" (no quotes) in the spotlight bar? This will find all music files in the folder. Then choose Edit->Select All and drag everything to the iTunes dock icon.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store