Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:21 PM   #1
eyeon
macrumors regular

InDesign margins overlapping?

I've recently begun laying out a 26ish page program in InDesign (which is fairly new to me), and have a question...

This is going to be spiral bound, and the printer we are using would like an eighth of an inch on all sides for the bleed. When I set up the document with bleeds and such (with "facing pages" checked), it places the pages side by side with the bleed in the center overlapping onto the page beside it... I was wondering if there is a way to separate the two artboards to leave a gap in the center, so that the bleed does not overlap... does this make sense?

Also, when I output to PDF, it seems to cut off the bleed entirely, disreguarding everything outside of the artboard boundaries, which I do not want...

I am new to this program, and so I apologize for the newbie questions...

Thanks for your help.
eyeon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:13 PM   #2
dogbone
Banned

In the output pdf options under 'marks and bleed' there is an option to 'use document bleed settings'. This is unchecked by default. You can also use slug settings as well if you want even more room.

Not sure about the overlapping pages thing. On the bottom of the toolbar are two buttons for displaying the image. Left to show all marks, right button to show output page. The output page has a drop down menu to show bleed and/or slug.
dogbone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 01:43 PM   #3
eyeon
macrumors regular

Thanks, I think this solved my problem. The PDF output options was what I was looking for -- I appreciate your help!
eyeon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics