Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
From my own handwriting. :D

Tell me if you like it.

I call it "teep"

(part of my last name)

picture2ve7.jpg

Attachments

• teep.ttf.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 90

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Your handwring is disgracefull :p.

I want to do something like that-will save me writing out homework. What app did you use?

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
nitynate said:
From my own handwriting. :D
Tell me if you like it.

I call it "teep"

It's hard to judge something so personal. You should check out some of the handwriting type fonts out there already just to compare yourself. I think it would be difficult to use a font like that since it has such inconsistent changes in letter spacing.

You plan on doing a whole alphabet and characters?

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
iSaint said:
I think it's cool. But, can you change the spacing between the letters?
I dont know.

It has something to do with the way the program produced each letter.... :p

I have never made a font before. So all this is new.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Foxglove9 said:
I used to use Fontographer to make Mac/PC fonts. I'm pretty sure it is still available but it's not a free download.

Saw that, but at $349 its way too much. I'd pay $99 for something that would let me do it, though.

D

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
...This face is the new Goudy or Palatino, so well thought out and clean, I think it would make a great body face .... just goes to show that with all the technology we have, this is what we get from our new typographers!
Pathetic
R

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
If you have $9, a printer, and a scanner, you can use http://www.fontifier.com
You print out an alphabet template, write each letter by hand, and then it scans your template and produces a font for you. It supports Mac and PCs. Of course, it's really only good for fonts of your own handwriting. But it's fun, easy, and they even show you a preview of your pending font before you pay the $9 to download the file.

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
solidgoldmini said:
If you have $9, a printer, and a scanner, you can use http://www.fontifier.com
You print out an alphabet template, write each letter by hand, and then it scans your template and produces a font for you. It supports Mac and PCs. Of course, it's really only good for fonts of your own handwriting. But it's fun, easy, and they even show you a preview of your pending font before you pay the $9 to download the file.

thats a really neat idea.
thanks for the share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.